Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Pathogen, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

All things tend toward their ruin. People will wither, die, and cease to exist. The people they cared about wither, die, and cease to exist. Memories spanning generations will eventually crumble to dust, and new ones will be built on that dust, doomed to repeat mistakes forgotten, and then crumble to dust as well. And so on and so forth. It’s a zero-sum game, a flash in the pan, an aberration of genetic mutation, nothing more. Some find ways to justify their existence through personal connections to objects, people, and beliefs. I have no such connections. To me, life seems nothing but a curse, not something to be celebrated. I do nothing but exist, and go through the motions like I actually care whether I’m alive or dead.
  2. congruence

congruence Member

Maybe you travel light. Or maybe you have not yet found an attachment that might help you live life. But trust me, you're a creature whose existence had its own engineering. Every motion of yours is a masterpiece and every word you utter is an asset to the atmosphere. Live, if you feel dead then go outside and watch the city lights, they'll remind you of life.
  3. krazor

krazor Active Member

Life is what you make of it. You only live once and your life is your own. You can sit and watch as your end comes or do what i do forget your going to die one day that day is pointless until it arrives. Get in the fast lane enjoy yourself scare yourself take risks and never fear death. Dont exist when living is far more fun.

if you believe what you have said then what do you honestly have to loose ?
  4. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

You are depressed. You are trying to rationalize your depression using philosophy. Cheer up. Enjoy life. Be happy. drink something that you like. East your favorite food. Harbor nice thoughts. Think positive thoughts. Say good things about life. Stay away from bad stuff. Life has always been worth living. Death ends life because without death life would become boring and monotonous. Death is necessary.