Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by louisseeeeee, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. louisseeeeee

louisseeeeee New Member

i have not recently seriously considered suicide.. by this i mean since i got through depression about 9 months ago (something like that).
    more recently, there have been a lot of changes in my life i.e. moving to uni, parents divorce, being diagnosed with an incurable illness (not fatal).
    i guess its these things that have made me start to wonder what the point of life is. like.. i love myself, my friends, and my family.. but day to day life just seems pointless in the sense that i have recurrent thoughts consisting of things like 'now what', 'whats the point', where is this leading ect..
    by this, my logic leaves me thinking that death would be more interesting.

im not going to kill myself. im just worried that this is the beginning of something.
  2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:welcome_mouse: to SF louisseeeeee

If you stick around on SF maybe it wont be "the beginning of something"; like you say

You'll find lots of support here on SF

3. If you want to go the "logical" route - and I know there's many people who believe there's something more than that... but if you just follow what logic has given us, it would appear that your brain generates your sensation of consciousness, and.. just as before you were born you felt nothing, after you die, you would feel and experience nothing whatsoever either. While some may prefer this hypothetical state (or non-state?) to a life of continued suffering.. there is nothing about it that would qualify it as "interesting"

If on the other hand, you want to suppose that there is more to death than simple termination.. you sort of open up a whole can of worms with all sorts of people having their beliefs about the afterlife and/or God. Maybe you have your own beliefs already and so this aspect doesn't really concern you.

For me, the "point" is, as close as I can tell so far - is to simply enjoy ones life as much as one can, without hurting anyone else. While doing that, do anything reasonably possible to make this world a better place for other people.

Or maybe it's the beginning of something good..? Maybe if you keep thinking things like 'now what', and 'whats the point' - you'll start to see things around you, or around the world, things happening that really aren't that good for people, things that maybe, somehow, you can change.. and really make a difference.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.