Police: Baby Starved as Couple Nurtured Virtual Kid

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

OMG! Proof once again that just because as a species we can reproduce doesnt mean all should be allowed to.

3. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I just heard about this and it made me so sad. I don't know what's worse, this story or the one about the couple who starved their baby on purpose because they thought it was fat http://www.katu.com/news/83258257.html

There's also the story of a baby that drowned in a bucket of after-party-vomit http://wcbstv.com/local/Bucket.Vomit.Baby.2.239418.html

Some people should just be sterilized. I hope all of these "parents" die slow, horrible, karmic deaths.

Sweet Jesus I hate people.

4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I second that

5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I've always thought that nations should require a parenting license for people to show that they would be fit parents. As it stands, any yahoo can have a child, including those that aren't even intelligent enough to use protection or contraception when they have sex. Imagine how much better the world would be in the space of a few generations if it was close to assured that a parent would be intelligent, competent and caring towards their offspring. Sure, it would be cruel to take away the child of an unfit parent, but I assume it would be better to do that than to have unfit parents raise a criminal or a dunce.

They could perform tests, review academic grades, and check criminal records, and any potentially unfit parents could not get a license. The problem would be that you can't stop people from procreating (short of sterilizing them) and you would have to take a child away from unfit parents. Also, you can't necessarily tell whether a bad person equates to a bad parent. As well as this, you can't tell whether a child with a bad upbringing will or won't turn out to be a functional member of society.

Even so, such a program would go far were it to be introduced, and would reduce crime, increase productivity, and generally improve the nation (whichever nation it was). I doubt such an idea would be implemented, as all humans have the right to procreate, even if they are an uneducated criminal with a taste for drugs. Or a couple addicted to some stupid online game.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
  6. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

it's totally sad really. they wouldn't love their child unconditionally. that type of stuff just breaks my heart. kids don't deserve that.

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's so sad... I can't even find the words. I completely agree with Tobes though.

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

:( the poor baby. I wonder if these people realize the gravity of what they have done to that poor child.

Wow.. seriously that is one scary concept and I hope this never ever ever happens.

9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

that is just horrible and makes me feel sick to the stomach.

the idea of a parenting license, though? no, as much as i understand the reasoning behind it, there's too much that defines what makes a good parent for it to be feasible, amongst other things. and NO parent is perfect. if you wanted perfect parents there would be no parents at all.

10. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I didn't say there should be perfect parents, I said (or implied) there should be a standard for families so we don't get as many stories of neglect, child abuse, and other horrible shit that happens to children. I know plenty of people who shouldn't be parents, and plenty of young people that are the result of terrible parenting. With a standard in place, we wouldn't have as many of the problems we have, and it would improve society.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.