Police make use of domestic violence law

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue belies is the police in the uk have come under increasing scrutiny because of women who have been murdered after being stalked by their exes etc, despite the women in question contacting police several times. If course it's a battle between civil liberties and protection, I would say if someone contacts the police saying I don't want this person here they scare me, that is enough to bar them from the property or making contact.

However, it seems totally shit it's limited to two three weeks what use is that and shouldn't they be addressing the psychological issues that is causing the person to act in such a menacing way

Xaos

I think this is a complicated issue, for example, an abusive man who grabs his partner and holds her down and shouts at her but doesn't bruise or leave any physical evidence on his partner could cite a lack of sufficient evidence, and that's not good for the victim, but then again, you could have a woman who lies to the police after having an argument with her partner, and if they live in the same house, it could be problematic for an innocent man...

I fucking hate humanity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00