Poll: A Problem No One Can Understand

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anonymous2, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Do you have a problem that no one can understand?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

I don't know whether or not this is the right place to post this. If it's not, feel free to move it, but don't move it to a non-member section. Some of the answers (including mine) should not be able to be viewed by everybody.

If you do have a problem that no one can understand, please try to describe it.

2. Anonymous2

I suffer from a VERY rare muscular disorder. It is so rare that the doctors don’t even know what it is. In addition, the symptoms are not easily verifiable or visually profound. Because I look normal and tests can not verify my disorder, people think I’m lying, weak, over exaggerating, and/or pathetic.

Most people with illness, disability, or disorder receive sympathy or, at least, indifference….. But since I suffer from a disorder that cannot be proved or seen I receive spite and disbelief. One or two people try to sympathize, but I believe they still see me as pathetic and useless.

This unusual disorder also causes me a great deal of anxiety (specifically social anxiety). Currently, I avoid many things in life. I avoid people so they don’t find out the full effects of my disorder or the limitations it causes. I know the judgments that ensue would be horrendous. I know this because of the few people that know the full effects and limitations, only one or two still accept me (and even their acceptance is questionable).

Since there is no documented record of any human being ever having the specific symptoms I suffer from, I feel like I really can say, “I have a problem that no one understands”. There is no treatment, no cure, no known etiology, no support groups, and no people who wholeheartedly believe that my symptoms are legitimate.

Sometimes I wonder … perhaps, since the etiology cannot be described by natural law, the etiology is supernatural. Perhaps God or the Devil are punishing me for the sins I’ve committed.

3. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this.. have you been tested for ME?

http://www.ahummingbirdsguide.com/whatismessummary.htm

this is what i have and it takes AGES to get diagnosis and is also something some dr's know nothing about

4. Anonymous2

That doesn’t sound like something I have … but thanks for the info anyways.

5. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

I have a prob i dont think anyone understands ,it might sound trivial but it has caused alot of probs for me,i smell things eg if you gave me a cup of tea i have to smell it,if you served me a meal i have to smell the utensils,i dont no why and dont even no what im smelling for,i suppose its a habit,but i dont understand it and no one else does.

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I voted yes. I feel that I cannot fully breathe out all the way and it might be because I am resiting the process of my kundalini awakening. So I am constantly shallowly breathing, gasping for air, afraid that I'm dying. I can't breathe out fully unless I'm on drugs or sometimes during a cigarette. I think to free myself from the 24/7 panic attack I would have to allow the kundalini in my spine to rise as whenever I feel comforted it does.
    This is the best explanation I have but I've never heard of someone every going through quite what I am. And most people don't believe there's a spiritual aspect to things so mentioning Kundalini is lost on most people.

You're not alone in feelings that you're alone :hug:

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This sounds like OCD, I used to do that when I was little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.