POLL - suicide or accident

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rambo, Aug 3, 2009.

Should all suicides preferably be made to look like an accident ?

1. Yes, if possible

23 vote(s)
  2. No, I want people to know I killed myself

20 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambo

Rambo Member

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

EDIT: misread the question.

Suicide or not,I don't think its ever easy for anyone.
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Well those near me will know the real deal but for insurance purposes I would try to make it look like an accident so my family will get my life insurance money.

Wow that makes it sound like I still have plans to commit but I don't.

4. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

id make it look accidental but leave a note. also ive had an idea...
  5. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

I did not vote, simply because I don't care what happens afterwards, or what people think.
  6. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

I really don't care personally, but to make it look like an accident would be less shameful for those left.
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

As bad as it sounds, I would want people to know. I'd want them to feel sorry for me. :hiding:
  8. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I'd want it to look like an accident, to make it slightly easier on whoever finds me....but those close to me would know
  9. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i can't answer that
    i get what the question is asking
    but it actually says
    Should all suicides preferably be made to look like an accident ?
    rather than just my suicide..
    i would say that i'd like it to look like an accident
    but to be honest
    i really don't know.
  10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I would prefer it looking like an accident. I don't want to shock people even more in the first place..
  11. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

THe main reason I have suicidal thoughts (As bad as it sounds) is b/c other ppl don't care about me and use me. If I decided to end my life, I'd want them to know, and i'd want it to be a possible wake up call to them...
  12. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I would want it to look like an accident. I'm not sure my family would believe it since I have tried so many times.
  13. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Suicide... i don't want anyone thinking it was just a matter of fate, and regretting that. Its my choice, its my time, and hopefully that is enough to provide some comfort, that i chose this fate.
  14. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I just think its better for people to know the truth as opposed to believing a suicide was actually an accident - even if its more painful that way for the suicide survivors. Honesty is important. I think its better if society is aware of how many suicides there really are. Awareness brings the possibility of working towards a solution. I don't know if there is another solution for every suicide victim, but either way.. if society were to believe every suicide is an accident, there would be a severe lack of awareness concerning the suffering in this world, and there would be more pressure towards secrecy, which makes it less likely that people will reach out for help, or stumble upon it, since they're not going to tell anyone "I'm going to kill myself."

That's just my take. But I'm a firm believer in honesty no matter what the consequences.
  15. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I suppose if you are thinking about your family, you would make it look like an accident.
    It'd help them get over it quicker.
    My Grandmother commit suicide some 40 years ago and my Dad STILL isn't over it, because even if the person leaves a note and you can understand 'why' she did it, he just never understood how a mother could leave her children, and has never gotten over that.
  16. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

this is a weird poll,one I do not feel comfortable taking or answering.:unsure:
  17. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I would like to get revenge on some...

But I'd much rather die in a horrible accident.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

never really thought about it. how would you make an over dose of pills or slitting your wrists look like an accident ?

i guess it wouldnt matter to me. when your in that mind set, its not like you would really care.
  19. Robin

Robin Guest

You've got more chance of making it as an astronaut and taking your helmet off while on the moon :p
  20. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Didn't Heath Ledger accidently overdose though?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.