Poll: What were your emotions during an attempt

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by DannyBoy, Nov 23, 2010.

?

How did you feel when you attempted

1. Depressed, sad

27 vote(s)
    14.2%
  2. Numb, no emotion, indifferent

69 vote(s)
    36.3%
  3. Manic

10 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Felt fine, happy almost

13 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Angry

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Calm and collected

21 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Frustrated

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Scared, frightened, anxious

38 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

If I missed a particular emotion, let me know or just reply with it.

Pick which one was the worst. I should have made multiple answers but forgot.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  2. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

I think I was feeling all of them. I was really hoping that it will work for sure then I was feeling happy and calm. But when I woke up in the hospital, I was confused and angry at someone who called 911. I am still very angry. fucking morons.

3. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

Scared, frightened, and anxious mainly. However its my anger and sadness that causes me to get to that stage in the first place.

4. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I was very intoxicated during my last attempt and then once I had done it I just felt numb, totally indifferent to whether I lived or died... It was so peaceful as I passed out.

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

My first attempt way back then i was really calm to the point of being clueless. Now, much older, i'm experiencing Scared, frightened, anxious symptoms.

6. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

numb......

7. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

my attempt was hilariously passive aggressive but anyhoo
    i was scared. this was/could be IT. and as the nausea and physical effects took place I was having somewhat delusional and accusative thoughts/flashbacks and guilt which made me even more upset. and i'm still angry that my last thoughts could've been about bad stuff. I'm glad it didnt work so that my head/God didn't win... how dare they sabotage my attempt on MY life.
    i just wanted to add i realise that sounds bizarre.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I started off numb, then the pain kicks in, and you cry out to your God to save you and He does. Bastard! My friend set fire to herself, I can't imagine what emotions would make you do that. But the pain kicks in and even she admitted that 'it wasn't a good idea'.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  9. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

At first, I was really numb and calm and collected. Then, I started freaking out because it was kind of a 'holy crap, what did I just do?' moment. After a while I just started feeling really euphoric and happy again.

The worst moment is when you wake up in the morning and have to deal with the fact that you're still alive.

10. loopy

loopy Well-Known Member

I never really attempted but I wanted to know what it would feel like, sort of once. Before I did what I did I was sad and depressed as I was being treated horrible. While I was doing what I did I was feeling calm and numb and pushing the "what does it feel like boundaries" further and further.

Then I heard my kids downstairs and thought, what an utter selfish bitch! Stopped it there and then and went to bed and put up with the critacisms as if nothing had happened.

No one knows about that night. Ive never told anyone. I dont think much of it tbh It is like still a numb experience.

Sorry for lack of info but not sure allowed to say what I did on here??

11. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

Scared, frightened, anxious to the point i did not care any more.

that was 7 weeks ago still feel much the same now.

i hate being in hospital as much as i hate being out.

i can not sleep being at home and not sure what to do for the best.

or is it what is best for me or best for my family...

12. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Fretful.

13. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Scared, worried etc. Still alive after doing it freaks me out. My heart just sinks, why couldn't it have just worked?

I'm lucky to be in a family of 4 kids. So if I end up dead one day they'll have 4 others to be happy with. That have lives ahead of them. Probly successful ones too. Whereas I always seem to be a burden, in more ways than one.

Four other kids should keep them occupied.

14. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

Completely and utterly manic. Everytime.​

15. It was an odd mix of numb, desperation, and depression

16. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Utterly numb. Empty and completely devoid of feeling.

17. trulysweet

trulysweet Member

I was calm even complacent. I felt I was rational. I noticed that I lost my faith and lacked all hope. I was sad because I didn't want to hurt those I love.

18. Twisti

Twisti Member

Numb and accepting

19. Hnolk

Hnolk New Member

Like stolen from my mind.

20. georgeo10yal

georgeo10yal Well-Known Member

i always feel numb even going for it but when i wake up the next morning in the hospital...i scream...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.