Polyamorous Dating?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Purple_Thorn, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

So for those (like me) who don't know or recently learned:

"A polyamorous person is someone who has or is open to having more than one romantic relationship at a time, with the knowledge and consent of all their partners. A polyamorous relationship is a romantic relationship where the people in the relationship agree that it’s okay for everyone to be open to or have other romantic partners." - morethantwo.com

What do you think about being in a polyamorous relationship. I think I'm in one right now and I'm trying to wrap my head around it and decide if it fits with my personal values.

But I guess the question I have is, what do you think about polyamorous dating?
  2. HarleyTwin

HarleyTwin Staff Alumni

I think if all parties are comfortable with it, then it's no one else's business but theirs. Personally, I'm not polyamorous, so I couldn't ever see myself feeling comfortable with that set-up. But, as someone who is asexual and in a relationship with someone who is not - I have offered an open relationship on my fiance's end which he himself, has decided not to take up. So, there is that.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

A friend of mine and I listened to some talks on sexuality and relationships about a month ago, and now he thinks that polyamory is the best way to go. He believes that monogamy isn't meant to work out. I am happy that he is doing things that make him happy. Personally, I think I would rather be with one person at a time, but I have nothing against people who are in polyamorous relationships. Just do what feels right for you and be happy.