Poor Twisted Me

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Absolute Zero, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero New Member

Hi all, just joined today.

I don't have a horrible story about my life like a lot of other people. My life would probably almost be considered perfect to others. Some things I have read on here; if I were to go through them, I'd be gone a long time ago. I don't know how they keep going.

However for me, besides a few things that haven't helped my life, I seem to just be someone who is F***** in the head and doesn't appreciate life. Yeah I admit I don't appreciate life, the good things in my life and that I don't like being alive. Am thinking that perhaps if I don't appreciate it, then maybe I don't deserve it. Fair call, right?
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi AZ and welcome to SF - it's a great site for people helping people and helping wherever we feel we might be able to - no judgement or condemnation about anything becasue we've all been in similar boats in our journey through life.

Everyone deserves their right to be alive - because we have been given a body and breath and the ability to keep it going - despite any of our choices. No one asks to be born, and yet here we are trying to make the best of things and to figure out the 'Why?' questions as best we can.

I mean, it would be so neat, if, after we leave the cradle someone could download into us the meaning for it all, and give instructions like '..... and this is how to do it...." etc. But that tends not to happen. We trust that our parents know everything until we become older and the first great disillusionment is that they do not know either, (unless we've been told, and can intuit for ourselves that they are in touch with God, and can believe that He must be our reason and meaning - but so few of us get wind of that properly, and that is not our fault in the slightest).

You do not give your age, and I'm not going to make a guess. the main reason for your post is having become aware that you don't appreciate being alive - but I certainly would not agree with the conclusion about this meaning you don't deserve to be - you can consider this time an awesome opportunity to make enquiries at a deeper level that you will find truly satisfying - I promise you, it is possible for everyone to do this if they have the motivation to - and our trials and tribulations that we meet in life can be seen as episodes which can bring more light into our lives and make us stronger.

That's the big, broad picture concerning our existence. It takes some believing for sure, but the prospect, when taken seriously, will put your awareness in a new and better place hun :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi AZ
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Even those with seemingly perfect lives can be affected by mental illness. This can range from depression to suicidal thoughts and ideation, to paranoia, anxiety, schizophrenia, etc. It doesn't mean you don't deserve life because you don't appreciate what you have. The hard thing is learning to deal with the thoughts when you don't understand why they are there or how to stop them. We are a forum full of people that understand what you are going through. You can find a great deal of support through our members. Don't be afraid to post and ask questions. Usually someone can offer something helpful. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.