poppers

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by amicrazy, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amicrazy

amicrazy Well-Known Member

anyone here ever use poppers. i feel like they must be so bad for me, but i haven't found anything online that mentions significant harmful effects.

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

as far as I know, poppers are legal in certain parts of the world. apparently one such popper - amyl nitrate has been used to treat angina in the past.

I've never tried them myself but they have a certain 'reputation' as being popular amongst gay men. (Suede's song 'Animal Nitrate' is a play on the name of amyl nitrate)

3. sandalwood

sandalwood Well-Known Member

i used to take poppers a lot at school... the only real danger i can think of is capillary damage in your face. the vessels can burst and leave you with some nasty marks. luckily i never suffered from this. other than that if you use it enough it can blister your nostrils which can be quite painful. it's not really a drug i'd do anymore. tends to give me headaches more than anything. the reason it's meant to appeal to gay men is due to muscle relaxation in those *ahem* regions.

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

what's a popper? is it euro slang? lol.

5. amicrazy

amicrazy Well-Known Member

poppers is the street name for nitrite inhalants. i don't know why they're called poppers but i'm from the US so i don't think the name euro slang, but for all i know it could be

6. sandalwood

sandalwood Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure it's the same in the us and uk. i'm from the uk and it's what we call it here, and i've seen american films where it's referred to as poppers all the time.

7. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i took poppers for years when i was younger.
    I dont think its significantly damaged me, but thats probs down to interpretation. lol

8. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Poppers pose the most danger to you if your already prone to heart and circulatory problems, beyond that they are supposedly relativly harmless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.