Popularity Contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowChaser

You are so not helping.

It's like every area of my life is some sort of popularity contest or something. At work, everyone always asks me to pass the phone onto someone else, even when it turns out that it's part of my job to talk to these people and answer their questions. One more person asks for the person who's leaving at the end of next week (who's job I'm taking over on Monday) and I will find where they are and slap them. Honestly, how am I meant to learn how to do my job when no-one will let me do my job?

So, just now I thought I'd go into chat and maybe talk to someone about this, only as soon as I sign in and say hello, someone else signs in, and everyone leaps on him. They're deep into discussion in less than a minute. I PM someone who isn't in the main chat, but figure that they're probably not up to talking as they're in a room on their own anyway, but let's see if they're okay - maybe if they want to talk about something bothering them, I can get this other stuff off my mind till Monday. No answer, but that's understandable - the person's quite often in the forums helping people anyway. Back in the main chat I wait a few minutes to see if anyone might have noticed me.

And then it hits me - it's another popularity contest.

And I always lose those.

Scum

Honey, I was scared to reply to your PM. I'm sorry. But if you want to chat then you can PM me on the forums, if that's ok.

It wasn't about being popular, I can't talk to anyone right now in chat, but for some reason I can do the forums.

:hug:

With regards to work, it will take time for you to settle down, and for people to get used to having someone new. It is not anything to do with you, it is about people most likely wanting to talk to someone they have already spoken to. The more people that you talk to and they get to know you, the more people will ask for you.

It takes time honey.

Here if you need me.

Hang in there

I dont think that the chat is a popularity test. Did you ask someone in main chat if they could talk to you?? Usually that works, as for someone being in a subroom, alot of the time when im in a subroom, i generally don't want to talk to people..but if you need PM me or pop into chat ill be glad to listen.

:hug: You're welcome to PM me anytime in chat or catch me on MSN. Only thing is I need to go offline in a few mins, but if you catch me later we can chat if you want to. :) I say if you want to because you may not want to talk to me, not many people do. Heh But, I hope you get things sorted! :hug:

I'm so sorry :sad: I really just wanted to say hi, when I realised there was someone else who came in the room too >.< Sorry :sad: Hadnt seem him for a while and we only talk a few times in sf-chat, so really glad to see him and forgot to welcome you. I'm so so sorry, didnt mean to and sorry for the excuses >.<
Its not a popularity contest, nah not really, ok you're kinda right, it is sometimes. Anyway I wanted to appologize and I think the others feel the same. Hope you will still visit chat tho, because you're a great person. And again sorry :sad:

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
People often aren't aware of the good things in life,
There is much I like, looking at trees, the sound of running water, the feel of carpet beneath my toes.
Many people never notice these things, it's their loss.

I understand what you mean about everything in life feeling like a popularity contest...I always felt that way in high school, in college, at work, and sometimes even here at SF (even if I know it's only in my head). I rarely go into chat because, well...reasons...but if you ever want to talk, you can always send me a pm. Or if you want, you can add me on msn: [email protected]. I'm not Miss Popularity either, but I would love to talk to you. :hug:

S

SeemsPerfect

Like the others, if you ever see me on board feel free to PM even if its just to say hi. By the way...

And then it hits me - it's another popularity contest.

And I always lose those.
Just my opinion but no one ever wins those. Those who think they have are more lost than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00