Positive Affirmations?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by brknsilence, Sep 14, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

What are some positive affirmations?
  2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Been reading some positive affirmations after logging my meals in the Recovery Record app. Thought maybe we can share some positive affirmations that might help us?
    Frances M and Unknown_111 like this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I read a book about how an affirmation can make a great change in your life, it's a short book that I got on kindle, even the way this book came about was quite amazing. It can be found on Amazon in kindle or Hard copy. Basically the author repeated over and over and over "I love myself" the results were quite amazing. Below is the name of the book.
    Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It
    brknsilence and Frances M like this.
  4. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I pretty much live by routine, so when I wake up, I shower and as I'm doing my hair I tell myself how pretty I look, how I love myself and I'm going to respect myself today, be forgiving and kind, act with my heart and try to see all the positive qualities in myself. I just kind of let my thoughts ramble, but nothing negative to start the day.

I also do rhyming affirmations to remember them, and I combine them with my spirituality. While I'm walking the dogs, lucky enough to be in the woods alone with them each morning, I say "Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Nature and myself I honour." and then "North, South, East, West, Today I will be at my best." and then "Thank you Moon, thank you Sun, I live by love and will harm none."

Then I usually hug my favourite tree and I instantly feel strong and confident. May sound corny to some, but it has a great impact for me! :)
    Brian777 and brknsilence like this.