positive quotes

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by justmeonlyme, Jul 20, 2010.

1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok so one of my close friends has been having a prity tough year and i just wanted to make her something personal for her birthday and i decided i wanted to make her a book of inspirational and positive quotes so if you guys have any that you no could you please post them i just really wanta make this for her shes one of my best friends and i care alot about her also if you no who said the quote could you add that please and thank you.

2. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Ok, i dont know whether all (Or any lol) Of these will be useful but yeah:

''You can grow flowers from where dirt used to be'' - 'Merry Happy - Kate Nash'

''Sometimes we'd never know whats wrong without the pain, sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same'' - 'All at Once' - The Fray

''Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. '' - Coach Carter.

'' I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.'' - Marilyn Monroe

''When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit. '' - Anon

Thats all i got time for now..Might make another post at a later time lol

3. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

This quotation might apply more to Males than Females since the original proverb used the pronoun "he" and is a reference to "war" or "conquest." But "conquest" can be seen in a different context, in which case it could apply to Females as well.

Quotation:"He who has conquered himself is better than he who has conquered a thousand foes." This is one of my favorite quotes because it makes me think of Star Trek's Mr. Spock whose characterization focused on emotion-control.

4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I don't have any quotes to give you, but I felt compelled to help out so I made a quote instead. I think it's inspirational, but I made it so I would think that. It's up to you to decide really.

"Every flower is beautiful, but no-one would realize if they didn't reveal themselves."

You could replace the beginning with "All flowers are beautiful", which would make the quote more sensical, but I think the original packs more of a punch.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
  5. TheOncomingStorm

I could go on all day with quotes tbh :lol:

''Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.'' - Anon

''Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.'' - Mary Anne Radmacher

''Just when the Caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a Butterfly'' - Anon

''Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.'' - Steve Jobs

''You won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been.'' - Anon

''To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe'' - Anatole France

''The greatest glory never comes from winning, but from rising each time you fall. A person is defined by what he chooses to do with his life, not by what happens to him'' - Clay Aiken

''Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams'' - Ashley Smith

6. justmeonlyme

thats for all the great quotes guys keep them coming i need to fill a hole book lol

7. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Just a few, for I have thousands.

"I've learned...

...that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.

...that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.

...that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

...that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

...that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

...that people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    "
    - Unknown.

"And as it was.. the boy would never be alone again. No matter how far he traveled, or where his journeys took him, he'd always have the love and care of
    at least one person, no matter how far away they were. It comforted him to know that, even in the darkest times, everybody would have someone.
    All they had to do was return the love they were given.
    "
    - Unknown.

"He ran and ran, people wondered what for. People started calling him mad, calling him a freak. Though, they did non understand. He was running into his
    future like he had been for so long, and finally the sun was rising. He wasn't running away from his past, he refused to let it consume him and take him over.
    People looked upon him and remembered him as a hero, almost, because he had the courage and fault up the strength to move on from his past, let it go,
    and realised he, just like everyone else, could be happy. Never look back on what you can't change, only learn from it and look forwards into what you
    can do for yourself, and how happy you can make yourself be. How happy you can become...
    "
    - Unknown.

"No man is worth your tears, and the only one who is, will never make you cry."
    - Unknown.

"An old Navajo was telling his grandson
    about the fight that goes on within us all.

He said it is between two wolves: one is evil
    (anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
    self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, superiority)

And the other is good
    (joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,
    humility, kindness, empathy,
    gentleness, compassion)

The grandson thought about it and asked,

"Which wolf wins?"

To which he replied,

"The one you feed.
    "
    - Unknown.

"Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals."
    - Unknown.

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission."
    - Unknown.

"The best teachers are those that show you where to look but don't tell you what to see."
    - Unknown.

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire
    goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter
    with another human being. We should all be thankful
    for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
    "
    - Unknown.

8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

-''Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.'' - Mary Anne Radmacher-

That one actually made me tear up...

This two quotes I live by:

"Humor is just a defense against the universe"

And

"Mentally and physically, we're all sick".

I don't know who they're both by. The reason I find the second one inspiring is, it reminds me that everyone, absolutely everyone, has something wrong with them. I'm never alone.

I also like this quote:

"I don't want to be called "the greatest" or "one of the greatest". Let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown because to me, that's the height of my profession. It means you can do everything — sing, dance and, above all, make people laugh. " - Red Skelton.

9. justmeonlyme

thanks everyone :D does anyone have any more quotes it would be hugely appreciated!!

10. Things

Things Well-Known Member

"Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home" - Life is Beautiful by Sixx A.M.

The way I see it, it means that it takes overcoming hardships to find happiness.

Not really a quote, but a word I find inspiring is "comedy". In it's original meaning, it's a story that starts out a tragedy and after great suffering, the characters find a happy ending (like "The Divine Comedy").

11. TheOncomingStorm

Ok, so i've posted some of these before...and i'm not listing authors for these, because i'm literally stripping them off a word document:

“Through humour, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.”

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

“Never say goodbye when you still want to try, never give up when you still feel you can't take it. Never say you don't love the person anymore when you can't let go.”

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

“Just when the Caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a Butterfly.”
    “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary”

“You won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been.”

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”

“The greatest glory never comes from winning, but from rising each time you fall. A person is defined by what he chooses to do with his life, not by what happens to him.”

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

“You can grow flowers from where dirt used to be”
    “Sometimes we'd never know what’s wrong without the pain; sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.”

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

“When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.”

“Life is short, don't waste time worrying about what people think of you Hold on to the ones that care, in the end they will be the only ones there.”

“When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.”

“Tell them to look up, tell them to remember the stars. The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds we miss them in the storms, tell them to remember hope, we have hope.”
    “We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home.”

“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”

“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Love is when two people know everything about each other and are still friends.”

“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
    “A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

“Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?”

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
    “A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

“Dreams are like the paints of a great artist. Your dreams are your paints; the world is your canvas. Believing is the brush that converts your dreams into a masterpiece of reality.”

“You need not to climb mountaintops, you need not to cross the sea, you need not to find a cure for everything that makes you weak. You need not to reach for the stars when life becomes so dark, and when the wind does blow against the grain; you must follow your heart"

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

'When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place ' :)

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

13. justmeonlyme

hay does anyone have anymore?

14. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I really like the following:

Hope, like the gleaming taper's light,
    Adorns and cheers our way;
    And still, as darker grows the night,
    Emits a brighter ray.

-Oliver Goldsmith

15. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

I may have lost my way now, but i haven't forgotten my way home.

This is your moment, as a woman how strong you are you need to show them. Theres always light after the dark side, something must shine. This is your time, time for you to shine.

I cant live in the past, I'll set my soul free, come to me atlast.

Through all those complex years I thought i was alone, should have cared to look around and make this world my own.