*Poss Trigger* - Question on Dying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost43215

I feel really weird asking this.... but have u ever wanted to take someone with u who was also wanting to comit suicide? Im not talking about forcefully, but if they wanted to commit suicide just as much as you, and you knew the pain they were going through. I mean too, say u knew a method they didnt know but u knew urs would work much more than theirs. I mean, would u offer to share ur method and die together???

I dont know... for me, in some ways yes cause then they'd be out of their pain too... on other hand no cause id want them to still be alive and hopefully find a solution....

Kemra

Bit of a spin on quality of life, a topic that I've been interested in for a long time now. How do you set a limit for human suffering when each individual has different standards? One persons hell could be another persons heaven, theres many people I've known over the years who I would gladly have traded places with despite their pain.

We can't judge with any certainty how much or badly someone else is hurting, we can only judge our own pain, and even then it can be a matter of a degree and whether it will eventually get better or end. For example my threshold now is so high I can smile through things that would have had me reaching for a sharp knife 10 years ago, but I consider my current quality of life much lower than 10 years ago..

Would I trust a friend to make the call for me that its time to end it? No, because they have no idea whats in my head.

Would I help a friend end it.. again no, I wouldn't trust my own judgement, I'm not them. At the end of the day its up to the individual to make the choice and face it alone, in a way it can be the final detterent, where a friend may give support and a feeling that you HAVE to go through with it, if your alone then its not too late till the last second to change your mind and back out.

aoeu

If I had someone close enough to me to share my final moments with, I wouldn't kill myself... But I don't.

No, I wouldn't. In fact, I'd say I'd be more inclined to lie and then turn them over to professional help. Just because I'm depressed and refuse to seek professional help doesn't mean that other people don't deserve it.

Yeah, maybe that makes me a bit of a bastard, but I say tough love.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have suicide pacts with three different girls who I'm really close to and who are also suicidal. No specific date more of a kind of... if you're leaving, make sure to take me with you. Actually one is a specific date. December 22nd, 2012. The world is supposed to end the day before, so we said if it doesn't we'll kill ourselves :laugh:

no i wouldnt make a pact ever.
almost as bad as my would you help someone comit Q.

and as i didnt get to say in it.
death is a very personal thing, aand helping soeone getting passed the stage of suicide its the option not death. suicide should only be a ultimate ending point for those people who may health wise be close as it is and wish to have a respectful passing, instead of wasting away in theit own bodies.
i wouldnt help people kill them selves, or make a pact.
but i can help by understanding their suffering, and also wish to be free of it.

Epical Taylz

if i had someone to die with, i dont think that i would
if you share methods with someone and they end up commiting, even if you did at the same time, it would be considered murder.
then you have that family thinking that youre a horrible person and did it on purpose.

i dont think that it's worth it.

Personally, no... I wouldn't like to take anyone with me because even though I have a really low self esteem and opinion of myself I still think others are a lot more worthy and value other peoples lives more than mine. Even though they may want to die perhaps as time goes on they'll feel a little better and won't want to. It's like I'd be supporting their suicide, I guess a bit like helping to 'murder' someone... I just don't like the thought of pacts and would never go through with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00