possible Arthritis?

i'm not sure what this is- i've been noticing it lately.

at first, i thought it was just extra physical pain bought on by my emotions, but soon realised it was something more...

i'm getting these really sharp pains in my back/ both legs, and i'm not sure what it is!. it's got to the stage where just moving the joints even a little causes me great agony

i was thinking that it could be possible Arthritis, but i'm not really sure how to detect the signs

can anyone help me on this?

thanks

tweetypie

Antiquities Friend
hey :) it could be siatica (not sure of spelling) most likely some kind of arthritis by the sounds of it. I do hope not but it wouldnt hurt to mention it at ur next appointment xx

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Sciatica is a monstrous pain that runs from the spine all the way down the left leg (as thats where the sciatic nerve runs), believe me if u had it you would know about it :blink:
I'd go ask doc about having a rheumatoid arthritis check, it's probably not that but a check up never hurts.
Meanwhile, take cod liver oil tablets to keep your joints in tip top shape.

Sciatica is a monstrous pain that runs from the spine all the way down the left leg (as thats where the sciatic nerve runs), believe me if u had it you would know about it :blink:
I'd go ask doc about having a rheumatoid arthritis check, it's probably not that but a check up never hurts.
Meanwhile, take cod liver oil tablets to keep your joints in tip top shape.

thanks

:)

will follow your advice

aoeu

Use the following supplements: cod liver oil, 2000 mg per day; chondroitin/glucosamine/MSM combination according to the directions on the bottle (I'll update with what I have when I get home); 1000 mg of calcium with added vitamin D.

I don't know if the calcium will help, but it's cheap and definitely won't hurt. I think the benefit from cod liver oil is from the vitamin D so cutting that out won't be a problem if taking the calcium/vitamin D (but I suggest you take 2000 mg of fish oil per day anyhow for mental and physical health benefits). Chondroitin/glucosamine/MSN has been tentatively demonstrated to not only relieve joint pain, but REVERSE the damage from arthritis (more studies needed, but it's looking positive.)

I've had arthritis since 18 so I take preventing/reversing damage VERY seriously, I think painkillers are the worst solution you can find (though if you're taking care of your joints you can take them safely.)

aoeu

If you need them, use them. Start the supplements I recommended, however. You'll see improvement that lasts. You can preserve your joints with supplements, while painkillers allow you to damage yourself further.

starryeyed

Would athritis caused by sarcoidosis be different?
No.ones treated me.i.might buy those supplements.
Sorry to distract from original post.just in lot pain

aoeu

Last edited by a moderator:

aoeu

It cuts down on inflammation, so it might be worth using in conjunction with a lower dose of the other painkiller (what do you take, by the way?)

starryeyed

Solpadol.mix paracetamol and coedeine.so I cant take more parcetamol.plus I dont think paracetamol has anti inflammatory properties because I couldnt take it then
The docs could not have prescribed it forme.id have got very ill

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00