Possible rape situation, please help

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by PressedIn, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

First off, I am not the victim or the alleged offender of this event, just a bystander. Let me get right into it.

My friend (who I'll call Jack) was at this party, here he met this girl from school (who I'll call Amy) and she ask him if he wanted to have sex. She was apparently drunk, off of a few beers (thats anywhere from 2-6) and they did have sex. Afterwards, she felt guility because Jack had a girlfriend (I'll call Jess) and Amy was best friends with her. Jess found out about Amy and Jack having sex and confronted Amy. As soon as she did Amy apologized and said she was drunk, and Jess refused to accept the apology. Jess was mad at Jack, of course, but they solved everything within a few days.

A week or so later, rumor spread that Jack had allegedly raped Amy at this party. Which many people deny as they were around when she offered to have sex with him. Amy was the one to start saying that Jack had raped her. Amy had done this in the past before. Over two years earlier she started a relationship with her first boyfriend, which last 2 and a half years. After it had ended Amy claimed her boyfriend had raped her the first day they met, and she was "afraid, so she stuck with him for 2 years". After they had broken up she again, started a relationship with another man, and after they broke up, again calimed raped.

I am a friend of Jack, I know there is absoutly no way he ever has, or ever will do such a crime. It pisses me off because even some of her close friends (save for 2 or 3 of them) say she was not raped but did offer it, and after realizing she made the mistake while being drunk of cheating on her friend with her boyfriend, claimed it as rape. Amy also boasts about a lot of crude things, things which someone should keep secret. That fact that she was raped, true or not, should not be announced at a lunch table to complete strangers. Not only that but she almost brangs when she mentions how her monther has cancer, she is apparently gay, and moved out of her parents house to live with her boyfriend. The tone in her voice almost sounds as if she wants someone to congradulate her for these things, it sounds like she wants attention.

I really don't want to sound like I'm a total ass, because I know some people don't openly tell someone they have been raped, but she walks around school and tells people flat out that she's be raped "4 times" (I know only of 3 alleged situations).

Please, can someone analyze this story for me? I really want to know how to look at this, or at least what some of you think. Thanks
  2. Fishman

Fishman Guest

sounds like shes a drama queen???
  3. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

sounds like she doesnt want to admit she was wrong it sleeping with her best mates bloke! Drama queen!
  4. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

I suppose you need to be careful as it could be 'girl who cried wolf', but it sounds like a lot of water went under the bridge before she said rape.
    She doesnt have the most beleivable track record, and if she is lying, she is the worse kind of bitch because it not only ruins blokes lives but girls who are scared to come forward as they feel they wont be believed either.
  5. whocares

whocares New Member

He should walk up to her and slap her in the face and say, "Hey Bitch, the only DQ I want is Dairy Queen."

On a serious note, I believe that it's just one of those high school rumor things, I dealt with it a few years back before I graduated from high school. Don't fret too much.
  6. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

@diluted_angel yeah my friend is really upset about all this, he frequently talks to me about it, and askes if she is running around telling everyone.

He really is a nice guy, and if I have any doubt I'd be against him.
  7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

this is the kind of thing that makes people not believe girls when they say they were raped at parties.

i think by the codes of conduct at my uni jack is still a rapist though. careful of drunk women . . .
  8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

If it was possible to prove that someone lied about being raped by a mentioned person, the liar should at least be imprisoned for life. I hate these types of people with the whole of my heart. Not only do they lie that a particular person raped them, but they also make it much harder for real rape victims to be believed.

Worth to be mentioned is, however, that that guy is a horrible person for cheating on his girlfriend. I hate those types of people with the whole of my heart, as well, but that's a different kind of hatred.
  9. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

It's her own stupid fault, she asked for sex, it wasn't rape. I think she's a slut and doesn't want to admit she has a problem, so she blames others for her own stupidity. Jack sunk pretty low by cheating on his girlfriend, but he's not a rapist.
  10. -Sunset-

-Sunset- Well-Known Member

Not only that, but I feel sorry for jack. Even if it was all cleared up, people may still accuse jack of being a rapist or something. Although he did cheat on his girlfriend. Hmmm. And he wasn't drunk? If he wasnt drunk, what goes around comes around...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.