(possible trigger)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by deadtoeveryone, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadtoeveryone

deadtoeveryone Active Member

everytime im upset i think about cutting.. i used to do it all the time. its been almost a year i think, but i am growing weak.. i want to do it again because i am at a low point in my life. it makes me feel better, but i know i shouldnt do it.. i think the only thing holding me back is that my mom might come up to visit and the weather is getting hot.. too hot to wear long sleeves. but i want to sooo bad.. the blade is in the other room.. i could get up right now and do it.. i dont know if i ll be strong enough to resist this time.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

then get rid of the blade the tools you use and keep using the positive coping skills to stay strong okay take walk listen to music call friend anyone but don't start up again not after doing so well stopping take care

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with violet...
    do you want to talk about why you are at a low point again??

4. deadtoeveryone

im sorry guys i wasnt strong enough.. im ashamed..

iv2010 if you read some of my other posts you ll kind of know why.. it was my birthday last week.. you ll understand why thats not a good thing if you read one of the posts.. trigger... i think

5. MRGSO

MRGSO Active Member

Don't be ashamed and don't blame yourself. Cutting is EXTREMELY addicting and most people just don't understand. But chances are there are people out there who really do care. And if there isn't then we do. If you can bring yourself to do it get rid of the blade and any other things you could easily cut with. Every time you want to do it just think about all the reasons why you shouldn't. Whether that be a promise you made, or just the fact that you'll have to hide that scar for another 6months.(I once cut someone's name into my thigh thinking it'd be safe and invisible. biggest mistake of the year. =/...) Try to get your mind off things. Music and reading usually help with me....but whatever works for you works....Just remember...there is ALWAYS someone who cares...even if you don't know who they are. -hug-

6. deadtoeveryone

thanks mrgso.. i ll try. im tryin not to do it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.