possibly a stupid question...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by 1izombie, Jan 8, 2011.

1. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I have a history of reading into things more meaning than actually exist so i thought i'd ask my stupid question here and see what you all think... there is this cute guy who cleans the apartment building where i live, we cross paths rarely but every now and then when we do i cant help but smile but besides that i do nothing as im extremely shy. Anyways i dont know why but i just get this vibe form him every time i see him, sort of a gaydar thing if u will. I've shrugged it off and told myself its just my wishful thinking as he is cute and i am lonely. That is until yesterday. I was doing my laundry and in the laundry room there is one window looking out into the hall. Well i was bending over emptying my laundry into my basket directly across from said window and turned around to see him staring at me through it. He quickly looked down and away and walked off as if he was just working but it was obvious (well at least to my fucked up head it was obvious) that he was staring right at me. Now my question is that this means absolutely nothing right? I mean there is no meaning behind this at all and i have an overactive imagination if i think there is more meaning to this, right? I really just need someone to say to me im being silly so i can stop day dreaming about this stupid shit. I've been convincing myself that this is something when i no its not and i just need someone with a clear perspective to tell me the same thing....hmm reading this really shows how lonely i am and how pathetic i really am ...oh well :S

2. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

talk to him!

3. Romancer

ok, that was my first thought. :D
    you need to check it out, stop being shy and go to him. *nods* and let us know what happened. ;)

4. 1izombie

errr lol im too shy...i dont know what to say... im too nervous...oh and the whole gay thing scares the shit out of me as gay people dont come with signs around there neck which makes it almost impossible for me to approach anybody in everyday life... basically im a pussy....

5. Romancer

approach him with intentions of being a friend then. hows your gaydar? :D
    dunno if you ever talked to him (from your post it looks like you havent), but sometimes it's pretty visibile from the way people speak or their body language.
    either way, it doesnt hurt to try. ;)

6. 1izombie

i know your right ...lol i dont know if i can do it... *sigh*

7. Romancer

you have my full support ;)
    dunno, just try not to shy away when you see him, and if you're too scared to talk with him, look at him for a longer period of time, he'll get the hint.

8. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I've never seen this kind of advice before about relationships, but it actually sounds good, lol. I've always wanted to stare at a guy for a long period of time....then suddenly wink at him :laugh:. Maybe I just want to scare someone, but you should give it a try :p. Who knows....maybe he'll wink back? hehe :D

9. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

Do it! :D I believe in you - and I kinda like the "look at him longer" advice too. It can't really cause any harm, and it would send the same clue to him that you got from him when he stared at you! It will make it easier to approach him, and at best make him approach you! <3

10. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

go for it Steeeeeeeeeeeeeb!

11. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

If you see him regularly, why not just say hi when you see him? That's a fairly natural thing to do?

12. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong or pathetic about being shy and in any case you have nothing to loose in talking to him. If hes not into guys, maybe you can make a new friend.

13. 1izombie

here is the thing I really think i may be reading way to much into this and well he is way out of my league and im way ugly ....i just dont wanna make an ass out of myself and i really dont wanna go up to him and say something and he be like wtf! I'm really over thinking this thing... anyways i'll try the subtile thing from afar with no talking as im just to nervous for shit like talking to someone lol...maybe i'll get some balls one day and say hi...

14. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Obviously it should come down to what you feel comfortable with. Honestly though you can't actually say you're "too ugly" for him. You don't know what he looks for in guys or well girls... Steve, You'll never know unless you try. You may end wondering "what if I had talked to him" or "What if I that could have been something good" really... if he isn't interested or says no then you just move on (I know its easier said then done) Or you could just develop a friendship with him and go from there. I know it will be hard but just go for it. Anybody that gets to know you will know what a great guy you are.

And I hate to bring myself into this but think about what happened with me... I knew I loved her but I stayed quiet about it. I almost lost her for good even our friendship was almost gone... All because I was worried about what she would say. And now look at us... All I'm saying is good things could come from it if you try.

15. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

Give us some feedback!!!

If you keep silent either it worked and your too busy :) or your hugging a haagen dazs watching TV and lamenting the day you saw the guy, lol

16. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

If you start comforting eating because this guys not filling your mouth with something yummy then don't blame me. ;)

Go for it.
    Impetuousness and all that.

17. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

HUWHAT! :rofl:

18. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Lol and you say you aren't victor :rolleyes:

19. 1izombie

Yeah I get what your saying it just takes a lot for me to approach someone even in a gay bar. The point of this thread was that I only see this guy every now and then while he is working (he cleans the apartment building i live in) and I just dont think if i approach him and get rejected that i could handle it. The only way i could approach him is if I thought that he maybe was interested in me. I think i may have been overly optimistic in my impression that maybe he was interested in me as i might be reading to much into things (seeing as im lonely and all) and setting myself up for disappointment and/or a punch in the face lol... That being said I think with everyones encouragement (thx all :)) i will talk to the guy although it maybe just to say hi as im a totally socially awkward and dont know what to say in those situations. But i will at least say hi.... lol its a start....

20. 1izombie

errr ....:rofl: :laugh: ummm i will at least talk to him.... :laugh: :rofl: too funny ;)