Possibly borderline?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hithere13, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hithere13

Hithere13 Member

Sometimes I think I must just have bog standard depression but there are certain things I've done that make me think I may possibly fit into some borderline tendencies?

1. Whenever I flirt I often end up going WAY too far with things, although I don't seem to think that I'm attractive, at all.

2. I go through periods where I need to see friends/partner all the time and then suddenly I want nothing more to do with them at all, even consider breaking off the friendship/relationship? I get properly upset when people make no effort to speak but feel suffocated when they do.

3. Although I do not show all of my anger and it certainly isn't violent or anything, I can often get angry at silly things like people not moving their feet quick enough for me to get past, even when I am in an ok mood?

4. I often think people are speaking about me and looking at me, I'm not sure if this is an actual symptom of this disorder?

5. I eat, a lot. The only reason I don't eat more is because my mum rations what I eat but can often eat 2 whole big bars of chocolate and 3 to 4 packets of crisps in one go, if I can get away with it.

6. Often just feel empty, I have no idea what I'm about or anything? I've changed everything from my sexual orientation to my looks to how I act around people.

7. Of course, suicidal ideation is something I often have. I would probably have self harmed if I wasn't being so closely watched by my partner. I sometimes hit myself so that when it leaves a bruise it can be blamed on something else rather than obvious methods.

Of course, I do not expect an accurate diagnosis and I'm sorry if I've rambled on. I just want to make sure I don't have something that isn't just depression. I also had a quite confident period before all of my suicidal thoughts but I have had them before, when I was about 12 or 13. I am now 17, coming up for 18.

Thank you if anyone replies. :)
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

What exactly are you asking?

We can't diagnose you and borderline is complicated and not just a simple tast of checking of the diagnostic criteria.

Get a referal to see a psychiatrist.
  3. Hithere13

Hithere13 Member

All I'm asking is that I don't know whether my symptoms are more than just depression and from what I've heard about borderline (in all fairness, from the movie girl, interrupted) I was wondering. :)
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

As i said, get a referral and see someone who can diagnose you.

I fit in the criteria for about 10 different mental illness', doesn't mean i have them. Just traits of.

If it's affecting your quality of life then do something about it.
  5. Hithere13

Hithere13 Member

I will do.

Thanks for replying. :)
  6. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

Hi there! I think domo is right to suggest seeking some help to clarify what your symptoms may be. I am in a very similar situation and recognise the same traits in me you have described and also believe I might be borderline. I intend on seeing someone to explore this further and confirm (or deny as the case may be!) as I know that I could fit into any number of categories. Definitely encourage you to do the same and wish you well with it :)
  7. SuperJerk

SuperJerk Account Closed

I need to seek help about this because I seem to fit the mold.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.