Post By Adam

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Nox Immortalis, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nox Immortalis

Nox Immortalis Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I'm Adam, Bex's bf. I just thought I'd write about my experience dealing with someone self harming. I care about Bex more than anything. When she told me about being depressed, I was instantly worried. I was saddened even more as I watched her progress into self harming and suicidal thoughts. Every night I made it a priority to talk to her to make sure she was all right. I used everything I could think of: begging, reasoning, anything to stop her from taking her life. One night she was so close. I stayed up late into the night with her until the urge passed. After that, I've never been the same. I can't really forgive the world for bringing her to such a state. When Bex told me about this forum, initially I was resentful. A post on the forum had triggered her to cut for the first time. I also hated the fact that she was opening up to complete strangers. Now here I am, doing the very same thing. Bex told me to go on and read some posts. I did, and now I can see what a support you are to her. Thank you all for helping to keep her alive. I hope that in the future I can use some of my experience to help some of you. I also have some emotional scars myself from watching the person I cared about most go through this.
    -Adam

2. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug:

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:hiya: :hug:

4. InTheMatrix

InTheMatrix Active Member

Hi everyone. It's Adam again. I have my own account now. As you can see, It's InTheMatrix.

5. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Hiya Adam! :) I'm Sarah, btw. Me and Bex are sisters ( :p ), and I'm soooo glad you care about her. :welcome: to the forum!

6. Nox Immortalis

haha he knows who you are, Sarah :)

7. MadeOfGlass

How? :IrishDoll:

8. InTheMatrix

Bex talks about you all the time, Sarah. And also Shelbi.

9. Feenrai

Feenrai Member

Adam, I just want to say that I think it's SO wonderful that you have stuck by her and worked so hard to support her. I know it must be so hard for you, but I know as well that your support probably means the world to her.

My boyfriend has been that way for me too, and if it weren't for him and his support I literally and completely honestly would not be here right now. I worry about him though, becuase as you said, caring for someone who is dealing with depression can leave its own emotional scars. I worry about him sometimes, and everything that my struggles have put him through...

It's tough to be a constant rock for someone dealing with depression, SI, suicidal thoughts, etc...but the support it can give is stupendous!

10. Nox Immortalis

I do the same thing.. worry about you, Adam. I feel guilty for dumping everything on you but you have been great support. I second everything she said.

11. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

:shy: bex..You talk about me? AWWWWWWWWW :shy: :shy:
    I feel so..loved..
    its a pleasure to meet you Adam! You better take good care of my sister!!

12. InTheMatrix

13. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

14. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

Hey Adam, it's Kiyun. Thanks for helping Bex. I try to help her, but I know that the only person who could have talked her out of it that night is you. Thanks for sticking with her :)

15. MadeOfGlass

Okay, totally agreeing with Kiyun on this one. :)
    Thanks.

16. InTheMatrix

Thanks Kiyun, Sarah, and Shelbi. I know all of you also played a big part in helping her. To Sarah and Shelbi, I don't know how she would have made it without you, her sisters. I'm her boyfriend, but you were family to her in a time when she thought her family didn't care, and you had already been through the experience so you understood her better than I did. I guess teamwork really helps when you're trying to save the people you love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.