Post Here If You Want "Happy Holidays" Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey may good idea for a topic! :) I wish someone would make a bday wishes topic as well that says they want people to say happy bday either in the cafe, on their profile or in a PM (or all 3! lol) I would post it myself but always been worried if I did that no one would reply, or worse that someone else would come & post the same or similar topic and that would have lots of replies. I just don't think I would handle that well at all & it would most likely cause me enough rage that I'd end up SHing just to deal with such a level of anger. It takes a LOT of anger for me to do that, I've been good about it for the last several months so hoping that will continue...anyway sorry got a bit off topic here.

I celebrate Christmas so I'm perfectly fine if people put Merry Christmas, happy new year or whatever else that is a positive holiday greeting message either on my profile or in a PM :) The thought is always greatly appreciated.

Hey may good idea for a topic! :)
:)
I wish someone would make a bday wishes topic as well that says they want people to say happy bday either in the cafe, on their profile or in a PM (or all 3! lol)
There's the "today's birthdays" list, but you can only see birthdays for that day, so if you're away from the forum that day, you can easily miss a b-day. Also, it seems like the list has a maximum number. Like some days, the list will start with names starting with "a" (as always), but end with names starting with "c".

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
^ Ya I know about the today's birthday list thing, but a thread that had a list of everyone's bdays for the whole year and also where it was people who were ok with being wished a happy bday would keep things a lot simpler imo. Anyway like I said I would rather not be the one to make the thread in case it didn't end up being popular. Anyone else who makes it (if they ever do that is) I'm sure it will be very popular so might as well just let someone else enjoy that & not have to deal with potentially being ignored & having to feel furious about it. Not to be negative or anything but I have a pretty strong feeling that is exactly what would happen & I just can't deal with that right now.

a thread that had a list of everyone's bdays for the whole year and also where it was people who were ok with being wished a happy bday would keep things a lot simpler imo
Maybe we could have a thread for each month of the year?
not have to deal with potentially being ignored
I'd just put tags in for everyone that has a birthday then. That'll show the mofo's for ignoring the thread! ;)

I wish someone would make a bday wishes topic as well that says they want people to say happy bday either in the cafe, on their profile or in a PM (or all 3! lol)
@Walker, what do you think of JMG's idea for a birthday thread?

So maybe we could have a thread with four "birthday week" posts for each month (the last post for each month would usually be a little longer). Then members could "like" the week of their birthday if they wanted to let folks know their birthday was coming up, and "unlike" it if they changed their minds.

Members could then click on the "likes" to visit the profiles to leave birthday messages.

So for example

Post 1: January 1-7
Post 2: January 8-14
Post 3: January 15-21
Post 4: January 22-31

An alternative would be to make a post for each day of the year, but that would be a long thread!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Sounds over complicated when you can just look at a profile.
Someone is always going to miss the thread, get skipped, not get a message that the other person got etc.
To me it's just the same to look at the birthdays whenever I can and catch the active users. If they've logged on in the last 2 years ish I leave them a message. (Made more complicated now with the app because it doesn't show when you log on)

Sounds over complicated when you can just look at a profile.
The problem is that checking someone's profile is the only way to know, unless you see their birthday on the "Today's Birthdays" list. That means that you'll have to either coincidentally visit their profile just before their birthday, keep your own birthday calendar, or just see it the day-of
Someone is always going to miss the thread
Yes, but if there's no thread, you're guaranteed to miss it.

XenForo has a birthday calendar add-on, which might be a good option

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/birthday-calendar.6871/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00