Post number

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Concrete_Angel, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

I've written loads of posts but my post number has stayed the same (296) which is really frustrating as I wanted my 300th one to be special :(
    Any idea what's happening?
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're at 297 now, so it's going up. The posts in the Gameroom forum don't count toward post counts though.
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks WC I wondered that :hug:

Is there a reason for that? Because it is not site related in that it is not re S/SH? Still it does stop people spamming to increase their post count as on other forums it is not so easy to post threads or replies as easy as it is to post a game or reply to one as you have to think about your thread or post & not do it in your sleep

Good thinking WC lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Yes, it is partly to do with stopping people spamming to get their post count up.
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Though of course increasing post count does not achieve anything so maybe if a member reaches say 5k posts a prize is awarded lol obviously not a material prize in the mail but a special badge next to their name on their profile :butterfly9:
  6. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Post # count: Actually the # changes when I submit, so it's probably a quirk if it doesn't do so right away. I find there's all sorts of quirky behavior by computers, and don't bother tracking the etiology of them anymore.

More generally: If using software, even MS Word, and you go to "help," it sends you to an online forum where they want you to search through hundreds of user posts to see if you can find something related to your issue. Doing "search" produces 8,899,965 results but none of them relevant.

It seems that the days when there was a user manual and help files are over. You figure it out yourself or ask a friend who knows.

They should give you a new computer by then. The keys will have busted off their stems.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Sponsored by someone like Dell where they donate the prize pc lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.