Post OD....

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Ronnoc3, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

Okay it has been a few days since i tried to kill myself, taking litraly every pill there was to hand. Long story short i ended up in hospital, i have been feeling like shit since, added on to the emotional pain. And the thing is... I'm angry at myself for coming so close and then failing, because i know i will never get that close again. Is this feeling normal for people who have failed at suicide?

2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean. People ask me what I feel about it and to be honest I feel as though I wish I had suceeded. I am just bideing time now until I can try again. Paracetamol wont work. I have been told to tell other people but I can't. I was told i need to tell people incase I take another overdose so there would be some one there to help. If I do it again I dont want anyone around as I dont want the help. I have been blocking out everything and avoiding problems but there is only so much of taht that i can do. If you want help ot is there for you and I am not saying do it again. Try talking to someone - it may work for you, you have to be honest with your self though.

3. I know when I've overdosed (let's say 15+ times), I have felt extreme anger towards myself afterwards after each and every one of them apart from one overdose where I convulsed. That was scary. I didn't expect that.

But yeah.
    It is normal.
    But, I'd suggest getting help.

4. kath

kath Well-Known Member

i would say it can be.I remember crying in a hospital once.i just sat there and cried a while after an attempt......cos i hadnt died.

5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

It's normal....i was devastated when i woke up in hospital after 3 days...i just kept thinking...i was so close.

6. joojoo

joojoo New Member

i overdosed too. i know what you mean. i felt such....an overwhelming flood of anger, frustration, and ... self-disappointment. like, i felt that i took such a huge final step in overcoming my fear of death and jumping off that cliff only to be met with failure. i felt even more lost and depressed afterwards when i was hospitalized. i think what youre feeling is normal.

7. firelizardee

firelizardee Active Member

yes getting angry is how I react whenever I take an od that fails or I end up phoning for help. I'm angry at myself for being weak. Trouble is I don't want to die alone and in my flat and have my body lie for ages before being found.

8. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

I was considering overdosing as a possible method but I don't want to try it because the possibility of survival is too great. My mother is a diabetic, and from what I understand injecting insulin into a body that is not diabetic will result in death, so I was considering trying that.

9. firelizardee

firelizardee Active Member

this does not always work, I know from a friend that his sister only ended up in intensive care for a week.

10. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

heh, knowing circumstances that I come across, that most likely would happen to me, but from what I have at my current disposal it's my best option at this time, not sure if I'm going to pursue it just yet.

11. the possibility of surviving an OD is 50/50.

two of my friends have died in less than a year from overdosing, and i wouldve never thought theyd succeed either.
    was a big shock.
    so. yeah.

12. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

Yes i have considered this too... death isn't certain but even in best case u'd probably end up in a coma or hypo... not sure which

13. emsy

emsy New Member

Hey!!

It's my first time on here!! I tried to end it on wednesday and had to be revived!! Took so long to pluck up the courage and finnally took all my stash of xanax, sleepin tabs, anti depressants, pain killers and anti biotics, i'd been keeping for a few months!! I was so drunk and i felt no fear, I just did it, hand fulls at a time but then opened my mouth and text a friend thinking there was nothing wrong with wat I'd done!! It felt so good tho just going asleep, it was gunna be the best sleep, with no dreams, nightmares, anxiety!!! Rest!! Anyway mam came and found me not breathing, blah blah, woke up the next day an shipped off to a psychiatric hospital to see the 3rd shrink of the day, asked would I do it again, said no, and was sent home!!! God the anger of the parents to deal with now, we haven't hardly said a word to each other and there's this horrible atmosphere...how long shud I expect this to last now!! It's awful!!! I have more tabs hidden they never found and all I can think of is taking them!!! Minds torn apart, in one sense I'm glad to be here but also I now I to have to deal with my own head and the shit I've caused cos I failed!!! Hmmmmm...decisions!!! Any words of advice?? x:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

14. hey emsy, if u need to talk, pm me anytime, im always on.. same thing happened with me and i was pissed off not succeeding, but its for the best that i didnt.. i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.