Post op depression

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by justastrangegirl, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

It's been a week since I had jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) and I'm starting to feel depressed about it. For the first couple of days (while I was hospitalised) I felt support from my family, but since I got back home.. well, I've been feeling a little alone and guilty.

I feel guilty for making my parents spend so much in this surgery, and apparently, they consider it a cosmetic surgery, although the surgeon told them what could have happen if I didn't have the surgery. I feel guilty for having my mom taking care of me, for being a burden for her.

In addition to great physical pain, my soul's hurting too. This week my youngest sister started her vacations, so she and my mom went shopping, and did things together and I was left alone in our house all day. She's my mom's favorite daughter, so I can understand she'd like to spend time with her instead of me, but, I don't know if I'm too sensitive due to the surgery, but I feel like I'm not that important, like I had a "cosmetic" surgery so I can take care of myself.

I can't even put words down propperly, my head's a mess right now :(
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You will not understand until you have children of your own. Then... then you will understand completely.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Being sick is depressing, but hopefully it is temporary...also some of the medications you might be on may cause this so please talk to someone about feeling down and tell your doctor when you see him/her next...I wish you a speedy recovery and that soon you will be able to get out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.