• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

Post your burning questions here!

Shelly

SF Supporter
does someone have icloud subscription?

is it good? is it a good back up memory?

IF i delete a photo from my gallery, will it still be there in my icloud or will it also disappear?

i need a back up

RCee

does someone have icloud subscription?

is it good? is it a good back up memory?

IF i delete a photo from my gallery, will it still be there in my icloud or will it also disappear?

i need a back up
Yes iCloud is worth it

if you delete a photo you actually didn’t really delete it!
It goes into your “recently deleted box and you can recover it. You can also change for how long will stay in the “recently deleted folder .
Apple made it very user specific for how things are saved. My guys mom works for apple and holds a very high status there. She has explained many things to me like this
Yes apple cloud is worth it . To answer your question yea pay the fee for the extra cloud storage and also apple cloud online will always hold your things. Even if you lapse in pay and it says your phone is not backed up anymore or whatever
Once you pay again your things pictures will still be there

RCee

……..
Why does food taste so much better when you're drunk? Even canned chicken noodle soup is like filet mignon. lol
because your senses are dulled and you need “more flavor” canned noodle soup prime example chock full of salt… salt is a drunks best friend … then sweets and hot stuff! Lol
But yeah totally get what you mean
My go to are sea salt and malt vintages chips and tacos 😂

Shelly

SF Supporter
Yes iCloud is worth it

if you delete a photo you actually didn’t really delete it!
It goes into your “recently deleted box and you can recover it. You can also change for how long will stay in the “recently deleted folder .
Apple made it very user specific for how things are saved. My guys mom works for apple and holds a very high status there. She has explained many things to me like this
Yes apple cloud is worth it . To answer your question yea pay the fee for the extra cloud storage and also apple cloud online will always hold your things. Even if you lapse in pay and it says your phone is not backed up anymore or whatever
Once you pay again your things pictures will still be there
so even if i erase my “recently deleted” it will still be in my icloud?

because i plan to clean out my gallery, and expecting everything to still be in icloud

because if it doesn’t get saved the same way if you save it in your laptop like a separate backup memory then what’s the point of icloud?

Shelly

SF Supporter
Do people who are ambidextrous have the same penmanship for both left and right hands?

idk one and google didn’t give me an answer.

Unenthusiastic

I can't help but wonder if there is a comet whipping through space with our name on it.

EDIT: It could even be thousands of years outside of our solar system floating through interstellar space, but ultimately on a collision course with our planet.

Last edited:

Nena69

haha I was replying very enthusiastically but you were much faster. :D I promise I'll leave this thread afterwards, but this burning question was burning me to answer it as I love this stuff. ^^ So here's some additional info I had written. :p

The size is not exactly in the definition of a planet anymore (before 2006, some astronomers used the size as the official criterium but there was no consensus). Though among other things, it is what made astronomers question its legitimacy as a planet in comparison to other dwarf planets like Eris, and it's pretty much the reason why it doesn't fulfill the current criteria (or its mass rather than its size to be more accurate, which is smaller than that of Eris).

The official definition for a planet now includes three criteria :
(1) orbiting around the Sun ;
(2) a round shape (vs. asteroids, etc.) ;
(3) during its formation, it has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit (no nearby objects except its satellites), making it gravitationally dominant.

Pluto and other dwarf planets fulfill the first two, but not the third one. Pluto's orbit is affected by the gravity of Neptune and even its moon, Charon. Not good enough for a planet. :p

If we wanted to include Pluto and Eris (so remove the third criterium), we would have to include over a hundred other spherical objects in the Solar System. The debate is neverending... Defining things in science can be such a shitshow, as nature doesn't "classify", only people do. :p
Pluto became 'no more planet' during my daughter's schooling. I remember her saying poor Pluto. Probably he is now wandering very sad somwhere in the space. Waa, waa humans say I am planet anymore. Who Im I then?

Nena69

Does anyone knows how to make friends at work? I mean I can make friends in my own department and house team but like I wants to try make friends in another department cause I has to go there and I see him a lot. And it went...

“Heyyy wants your name?”
“My name is.... “ (remains anonymouse)

But them kitty walks away cause kitty dont know what to chit chat but wants to chit chat🥺
Nah, I don' t know, but I get you. I would like to chit chat ( KitKat, KittyKat hehe) too, but I don't know what about 🙀

Unenthusiastic

Do people who are ambidextrous have the same penmanship for both left and right hands?

idk one and google didn’t give me an answer.
That's an interesting question. Do they retain some reasonable degree of legibility with both hands, but ultimately wind up favoring one particular hand? And if is the case, then why? I suppose the world is generally easier on right-handed individuals, so that might be worth taking into consideration, and in that case they'd simply become de facto right-handed through repitition.

Auri

🎸🎼Metal Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Pluto became 'no more planet' during my daughter's schooling. I remember her saying poor Pluto. Probably he is now wandering very sad somwhere in the space. Waa, waa humans say I am planet anymore. Who Im I then?
It's really just a matter of definitions, the scientific community only describes what's there as best as possible. ^^
That's so cute from your daughter. :)

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
I can't help but wonder if there is a comet whipping through space with our name on it.

EDIT: It could even be thousands of years outside of our solar system floating through interstellar space, but ultimately on a collision course with our planet.
100% there is we get hit by small objects every say most burns up in the atmosphere the big stuff gets hovered up by Jupiters gravity but some do get past we hope to have enough warning infact NASA have a mission this week to deflect an Astroid in the belt to prove it would save us if needed

Shelly

SF Supporter
driving school,
so apparently there are choices,

should i first learn how to drive a motorcycle even though i dont plan on driving one OR should i go ahead and learn how to drive a manual car?

Unenthusiastic

For anyone interested. NASA's PHA site.
Here.
I was once lying on a dock stargazing shortly after sunset one summer evening. I witnessed what I can only assume to have been the international space station firing its thrusters and manoeuvreing, presumably to avoid a close encounter or collision with a piece of space debris. When its solar panels caught the sun's rays, the reflection was bright enough to make visible the islands on the other side of the bay. It was quite an experience.

seabird

meandering home 🦢☔️
SF Supporter
Does it matter and how does it matter when some - a statistically small subset of all humans - manage to create, to do things that our ancestors would've assessed as either magic or other-worldly?

I do not do these things, I observe these things. How are we connected, if we are connected at all?

I was once lying on a dock stargazing shortly after sunset one summer evening. I witnessed what I can only assume to have been the international space station firing its thrusters and manoeuvreing, presumably to avoid a close encounter or collision with a piece of space debris. When its solar panels caught the sun's rays, the reflection was bright enough to make visible the islands on the other side of the bay. It was quite an experience.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$125.00
Goal
$255.00