Post your burning questions here!

Livelife

SF Supporter
I have just spent a couple of weeks intensely immersed in an older series I accidentally discovered called Merlin from 2008-12. About Merlin and Arthur. I rarely watch shows with seasons. The only other one I watched in full was Outlander.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a series program they have enjoyed, maybe something historically connected?

Shelly

SF Supporter
this has been bothering me for a while and only because it happened from more than one guy.

you encounter a guy, who is friends (seems like it) with everyone, he approaches and talks to everyone without a problem, but then he will just stare at me, never approaches me but when it just so happens that i was also talking to his friend who is right next to him, he would just look at me and even gives me this feeling that he’s waiting for me to talk to him too even though i really dont have anything to say to him… and i’m scared he would just smirk and not say anything and probably ignore me.
i feel like he’s waiting to embarrass me.

it’s bad enough that some people just dont like you but can they at least stop going around me, we can all just be invisible.

wtf is their deal?

Have any questions you just need to know the answer to? Wonder if anyone may have those answers for you? Feel free to post them all here!

So I was wondering, what flavor really is white mystery Airhead? And why are Fruit Loops all different colors if they're basically all the same flavor?
I've always wondered about that white mystery Airhead too! It's like a fun flavor guessing game. And Fruit Loops being different colors but same flavor is a real mystery! 🤔

Pi_XY

this has been bothering me for a while and only because it happened from more than one guy.

you encounter a guy, who is friends (seems like it) with everyone, he approaches and talks to everyone without a problem, but then he will just stare at me, never approaches me but when it just so happens that i was also talking to his friend who is right next to him, he would just look at me and even gives me this feeling that he’s waiting for me to talk to him too even though i really dont have anything to say to him… and i’m scared he would just smirk and not say anything and probably ignore me.
i feel like he’s waiting to embarrass me.

it’s bad enough that some people just dont like you but can they at least stop going around me, we can all just be invisible.

wtf is their deal?
I do experience the same towards me. I don't think it's whether somebody likes you or not. I'd say some people have this reserved demeanor which others maybe perceive as... challenging? With time, upon opening up, and when you get to know each other in other, preferably more unusual situations, this attitude of others might change.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
How do I become less nice and put up better boundaries so people no longer take advantage of me?
Hey, not sure if you want advice here or not but I have one thought.

Do some role play. I'm betting some folks are repeat offenders in your life and you know what they are gonna do/say.

Figure out in advance what you want to say/do. Practice it in your mind then, when it does happen you are prepared.

God bless you on your journey.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Is it weird if I just walk past someone and not make eye contact if I don't know them that well? In this case, it's a neighbor, but I figured if she wanted to talk, she would say something to me. I do this with people I pass on the sidewalk too, because I feel kind of awkward I guess. And like I might be bothering them if I say hello.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Is it weird if I just walk past someone and not make eye contact if I don't know them that well? In this case, it's a neighbor, but I figured if she wanted to talk, she would say something to me. I do this with people I pass on the sidewalk too, because I feel kind of awkward I guess. And like I might be bothering them if I say hello.
You could always try smiling & nodding, while making brief/momentary/casual eye-contact with them... which will give off friendly vibes and demonstrate politeness. Might need to switch it up if you visit NY, though~ / (though it may take some practice to build your confidence & feel comfortable with doing this, but the more times you do it, or even better yet, make it a habit--with those you feel won't be unreceptive to it--the easier and more second-nature it will become.m

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
You could always try smiling & nodding, while making brief/momentary/casual eye-contact with them... which will give off friendly vibes and demonstrate politeness. Might need to switch it up if you visit NY, though~ / (though it may take some practice to build your confidence & feel comfortable with doing this, but the more times you do it, or even better yet, make it a habit--with those you feel won't be unreceptive to it--the easier and more second-nature it will become.m
I've done that before with people, but they didn't acknowledge me or it seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. So I guess I tend to assume that others will do the same, and it's hard to shake that thought.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
How can my dreams/nightmares have such incredible detail, many times including something that seems out of this world? How can my mind create something based on something I've never seen IRL? And most importantly, why aren't we studying this as a society? But than again maybe that's a good thing
Some people are, well - maybe not society as a whole - but there are those who devote themselves to studies & research and such. Though it is probably limited in scope.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00