Post your burning questions here!

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Does anyone knows how to make friends at work? I mean I can make friends in my own department and house team but like I wants to try make friends in another department cause I has to go there and I see him a lot. And it went...

“Heyyy wants your name?”
“My name is.... “ (remains anonymouse)

But them kitty walks away cause kitty dont know what to chit chat but wants to chit chat🥺
Just by being your self, is your best bet. If you can be nice, friendly, and eventually on down the line when you get to know them just a little bit, "funny!" : ) which I have no doubt you'll have little to zero trouble in doing (so) - being funny that is, it is just in your very nature. But big thing from the start, may be to try not to worry about it so much. And give it (the feeling of fear or anxiety/worry, etc. over meeting someone new & "getting to know them") that much, or so much--too much "power," or emphasis as that can drain you and make it a million times worse, or just harder if you have a tendency to overthink, and overanalyze the situation. So, best advice, just relax & breathe. Speak casually, say the first thing that pops into your head (without wondering if it sounds good enough for them). Try not to pass to much judgement on yourself. As that can be counterproductive. The more you do this, interact with and talk to them, the easier it will get. It's like "practice," in the sense that... with repetition, confidence in your own self will improve and grow. And one day, maybe eventually you'll even be looking back at this conversation & wonder why we were having it in the first place? That's the hope, anyway!

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Just by being your self, is your best bet. If you can be nice, friendly, and eventually on down the line when you get to know them just a little bit, "funny!" : ) which I have no doubt you'll have little to zero trouble in doing (so) - being funny that is, it is just in your very nature. But big thing from the start, may be to try not to worry about it so much. And give it (the feeling of fear or anxiety/worry, etc. over meeting someone new & "getting to know them") that much, or so much--too much "power," or emphasis as that can drain you and make it a million times worse, or just harder if you have a tendency to overthink, and overanalyze the situation. So, best advice, just relax & breathe. Speak casually, say the first thing that pops into your head (without wondering if it sounds good enough for them). Try not to pass to much judgement on yourself. As that can be counterproductive. The more you do this, interact with and talk to them, the easier it will get. It's like "practice," in the sense that... with repetition, confidence in your own self will improve and grow. And one day, maybe eventually you'll even be looking back at this conversation & wonder why we were having it in the first place? That's the hope, anyway!
or another words.. small talk my friend, small talk.😹

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Why do you drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway?

Why is it a pair of panties, but just one bra?

Why is there a 'permanent press' setting on an iron?

Why is it called a hot water heater when you don't need to heat hot water?

Why are light switches labeled? When it's on, you know it's on, and when it's off, you can't see to read..

Shelly

SF Supporter
i’m conflicted.
everyone has problems, how do you deal with them?

i’m distracting myself from family problems with other stuff going in my brain, i’m trying to find things that makes me happy and i’m not sure if what i’m doing is right.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Why do my eyes feel cold when I eat certain foods sometimes? Sometimes when I eat tuna salad or other stuff. Like this really rich pizza with 10 different cheeses on it I’m having right now. It’s hard to describe the feeling but I’ve been experiencing it every once in a while for over a decade and have never been able to find a good explanation.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00