Post your random thought here!

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
If I ever become single and I'm over 50, I'll get like 10 ferrets. Though, apparently, they're like $200 fucking bucks each now at the pet store, and who knows what they're going to cost in 20 years, so it's going to have to be a gradual thing. :P
I'll send you some over. My son's partner breeds them. They are so adorable :)

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Yay kitty my aunty build a snack cabinet for kitty at this new home and my therapist tells me to work on building relationships with more positive people and create my new room with joyful atmosphere. ^^

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame yesterday on that Disney+ app, and realized that I have a serious problem with how that shit ended.

Bottom line is, it seems to teach kids that looks are everything. The Hunchback, Quasimodo, who was in love with Esmerelda, did not get the girl in the end. She chose the handsome soldier instead.

And you wonder why kids these days get bullied about their looks and end up with depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation? How many people on this forum alone come here and say that they're supposedly too ugly to ever find a real, loving relationship?

Both Quasimodo and the soldier had a good heart and would have done anything for this chick. Both had saved her ass on multiple occasions. And there was absolutely no difference between them, except that the soldier was ridiculously handsome and the Hunchback was physically deformed. So, of course, she ended up getting romantically involved with the soldier, and completely friend-zoned Quasimodo.

And that's how that shit ended. Like, are you for real, here, Disney? What the fuck were you thinking? I feel bad for the outcast kid in grade school who watches this and starts thinking no one is ever going to live him unless he looks like the typical male stereotype, physically-speaking. It kind of makes me sick, to be honest.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I searched this site for the word turnips and it showed up way more than I expected it to.
Could go for some turnips right now tbh. Can’t remember the last time I had them.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Got a spam/scam call today from a supposed Chinese consulate general. (I ignored it but it went to voicemail.) There was even someone speaking Chinese. It was kind of an odd call. But I guess if I’ve gotta get those calls, I’d rather get something new than just another one about my nonexistent vehicle’s warranty.

Worried about my best friend. Her dads trial finished the other day and he’s going to prison. Texted her and her mom good wishes and haven’t heard back. She was going through some depression/anxiety/dissociative stuff just the day before too and left school. Hope she’s going to be ok even if I don’t hear from her soon.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame yesterday on that Disney+ app, and realized that I have a serious problem with how that shit ended.

Bottom line is, it seems to teach kids that looks are everything. The Hunchback, Quasimodo, who was in love with Esmerelda, did not get the girl in the end. She chose the handsome soldier instead.

And you wonder why kids these days get bullied about their looks and end up with depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation? How many people on this forum alone come here and say that they're supposedly too ugly to ever find a real, loving relationship?

Both Quasimodo and the soldier had a good heart and would have done anything for this chick. Both had saved her ass on multiple occasions. And there was absolutely no difference between them, except that the soldier was ridiculously handsome and the Hunchback was physically deformed. So, of course, she ended up getting romantically involved with the soldier, and completely friend-zoned Quasimodo.

And that's how that shit ended. Like, are you for real, here, Disney? What the fuck were you thinking? I feel bad for the outcast kid in grade school who watches this and starts thinking no one is ever going to live him unless he looks like the typical male stereotype, physically-speaking. It kind of makes me sick, to be honest.
Precisely why I don't like most Disney movies. If people weren't so nostalgic about them, hopefully they'd see what amount of crap these films contain and that they promote dangerous ideas to children. Aside from that, the book it is loosely inspired by, Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo, is great, and the ending is much better. That's what I love in French classical literature.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Worried about my best friend. Her dads trial finished the other day and he’s going to prison. Texted her and her mom good wishes and haven’t heard back. She was going through some depression/anxiety/dissociative stuff just the day before too and left school. Hope she’s going to be ok even if I don’t hear from her soon.
Perhaps she needs some time to be alone with her family and process things. So don't be offended if she doesn't reply (not saying you did). Make sure she knows you are available for her, it's important to feel supported. You're a good friend to her.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello random thoughts. Hello random thoughts. Hello random thoughts. Just in the mood of writing some nonsense, was realising how rambling and nonsensical some comment I left on someone's blog post was. You know, I can ramble about absolutely nothing for hours when I get into this mode. Just talking. About nothing at all. Without there being a single word of sense, I mean, it all makes some sort of sense. So I don't mean of sense. I mean of meaning. Of content. No actual message or purpose that could lie behind any of the words. No need for it either if you're thinking about it. For why not ramble about nothing? I read a post yesterday that someone wrote about how she was wondering what to write about ADHD and all her thoughts on it and the experiences, and the rambling and complete, not spiral, but thoughts, jumping from one thing to another, but really every single comment a coherent thought, but that would easily make someone dizzy. Even I got a bit dizzy reading it. It was just kinda funny to read someone else's writing when they write exactly like me. I feel like a lot of the posts I write on my blog are like that. That they're rambling with very little coherence, or thread joining the thoughts together. When I read some people's posts I wonder how long they spent writing or editing because it makes so much sense, brings just one point across, and flows. Even if they're journal like! Whereas my posts, I don't edit, wouldn't, couldn't. If it doesn't flow there is no point in writing. I'm beginning to think this should go into the ramble thread. But I think very few people read this and I actually seriously hope knowing is reading this nonsense for it actually still doesn't say anything at all! It's fun to write this way. To just ramble about nothing. Random thoughts? Most my thoughts are random. When I mistakenly write their instead of there I cringe. I saw I did that once, saw what I'd written and it really hurt to see it. It jars me when others make such mistakes but hurts a lot more when I've made the mistake. I wonder what time I have to be up tomorrow. I put food on for someone here. I should theoretically be checking up on it. Just breathe. Random thought over. Well, it's not. But if I don't stop now this will be way way way longer than this and an utter waste of space. Breathe. I wonder if, when people read what others write, do their minds go as fast/slow as the person who wrote it was when they were writing it? Or do they go at their own pace? For I go as fast/slow as the words do. Even if and thought I can't really hear the voice they were said in. Whatever :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00