Post your *petty* complaint here

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
This is actually the same as my maternal grandparents. She was dreadful to him, but I don't actually hold it against her. She was very close to her further and he killed himself, with depression and she never recovered, I don't think.
My Grandfather was Polish, and would bare any amount of abuse from her, he loved her and saw through all her rubbish. I can appreciate it's not the same with your Grandma, though.
Mine would through antiques at him, which are now here, mostly, with several dents in them, from where they missed him and hit another object. She called him "the piece of s***" despite him being the best Husband she could have and actually got him arrested once, by making other people concoct a story, to put him in an awful position.
Yeah, it's pretty much the same on my end. My family is Russian/Ukrainian, so similar values to Polish probably. And my grandfather still loved her as well. Not sure why exactly, but he did.

Bergerac

Yeah, it's pretty much the same on my end. My family is Russian/Ukrainian, so similar values to Polish probably. And my grandfather still loved her as well. Not sure why exactly, but he did.
Yes, he was a thoroughly decent man, old-fashioned but in addition to that: genuinely in love. And when people are, they literally tolerate anything, is what I learnt from that marriage. But, to be fair, there was good in her, but since she rarely showed it, he made the decision to stand by the person he knew was inside and cope with the behaviour, which must have been tantamount to a carer, at times. I don't know if I could do that.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Yes, he was a thoroughly decent man, old-fashioned but in addition to that: genuinely in love. And when people are, they literally tolerate anything, is what I learnt from that marriage. But, to be fair, there was good in her, but since she rarely showed it, he made the decision to stand by the person he knew was inside and cope with the behaviour, which must have been tantamount to a carer, at times. I don't know if I could do that.
Well, it is admirable, in a way. Foolish, perhaps...but admirable, nonetheless, to know that that kind of loyalty and commitment exists in people. People say "unconditional love," but don't really understand what it means because they think everything is going to be just swell all the time. And the moment it stops being that, they run away.

Bergerac

Well, it is admirable, in a way. Foolish, perhaps...but admirable, nonetheless, to know that that kind of loyalty and commitment exists in people. People say "unconditional love," but don't really understand what it means because they think everything is going to be just swell all the time. And the moment it stops being that, they run away.
Yes, they've got no stamina. That is part of marriage: working through things. I think the main issue, is that it's a throw-away society and because there's so many people about, rather than fixing the problem, they just remove it, by starting afresh with someone new and then, ultimately, do the same to them, when the inevitable happens.
People rush into relationships too quickly these days, as well, I think, for all manner of different reasons. They don't wait to find someone they truly love or who they're compatible with.
Unless there's a serious issue, of course, that arises or isn't apparent before things have got serious, you should have the mentality (and maintain it) of being partnered for life, especially for the children's sake, if there are any.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Yes, they've got no stamina. That is part of marriage: working through things. I think the main issue, is that it's a throw-away society and because there's so many people about, rather than fixing the problem, they just remove it, by starting afresh with someone new and then, ultimately, do the same to them, when the inevitable happens.
People rush into relationships too quickly these days, as well, I think, for all manner of different reasons. They don't wait to find someone they truly love or who they're compatible with.
Unless there's a serious issue, of course, that arises or isn't apparent before things have got serious, you should have the mentality (and maintain it) of being partnered for life, especially for the children's sake.
I've always kind of rushed into relationships, myself. But I also knew what I wanted. That's not to say that what I wanted wasn't toxic and damaging for me, lol, but I still knew. I was always kind of bored with "normal" people, though. And they weren't particularly fond of having to deal with me either. :P

Bergerac

I've always kind of rushed into relationships, myself. But I also knew what I wanted. That's not to say that what I wanted wasn't toxic and damaging for me, lol, but I still knew. I was always kind of bored with "normal" people, though. And they weren't particularly fond of having to deal with me either. :P
Oh, I know what you mean with the last part. I have given many a decent person the slip, to get that excitement and passion. What I have come to appreciate though, is that the more 'moderate' personalities, if I can call them that, remain centred and on balance. Whereas, those with extremes of personality, who had that 'fire', I suppose you could call it, had an equally strong characteristic at the other end of the scale (vile), to balance that out.
I would now advise anyone to go with the level-headed man. No surprises, and they remain constant. Still feel lacking in something though, I know lol. It just hasn't got a certain something and can bore me, if I'm honest. Would never do it again, though, despite that.
I don't think I'd ever put into order what I was actually looking for. I just kind of go with the flow and am spontaneous, with that connection. I should be more measured and think things through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Oh, I know what you mean with the last part. I have given many a decent person the slip, to get that excitement and passion. What I have come to appreciate though, is that the more 'moderate' personalities, if I can call them that, remain centred and on balance. Whereas, those with extremes of personality, who had that 'fire', I suppose you could call it, had an equally strong characteristic at the other end of the scale (vile), to balance that out.
I would now advise anyone to go with the level-headed man. No surprises, and they remain constant. Still feel lacking in something though, I know lol. It just hasn't got a certain something and can bore me, if I'm honest. Would never do it again, though, despite that.
I don't think I'd ever put into order what I was actually looking for. I just kind of go with the flow and am spontaneous, with that connection. I should be more measured and think things through.
Well, the level-headed people still lie, cheat, leave, etc. It seems like they're no more or less likely to do those things than the not so normal people. And opposites do attract, but it's also important to be able to communicate and compromise. If you can get someone that has what you lack and be able to talk to and understand one another, then I'd say that's pretty close to perfect.

Bergerac

Well, the level-headed people still lie, cheat, leave, etc. It seems like they're no more or less likely to do those things than the not so normal people. And opposites do attract, but it's also important to be able to communicate and compromise. If you can get someone that has what you lack and be able to talk to and understand one another, then I'd say that's pretty close to perfect.
Well that's not quite what I meant, but I understand your point.
Your definition of an excellent relationship is pretty spot-on, I think.
With the opposites attract thing, though, I have found those who appear to be opposite, on the surface, often aren't underneath.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Well that's not quite what I meant, but I understand your point.
Your definition of an excellent relationship is pretty spot-on, I think.
With the opposites attract thing, though, I have found those who appear to be opposite, on the surface, often aren't underneath.
Oh okay. I think I misunderstood you a bit earlier. But that's a good point that they usually aren't opposites underneath. I've found that to be the case too. And it's also important to have certain things in common, of course. But whether or not a particular arrangement succeeds is going to depend on what both people value and need from one another and how well they're able to give it.

Bergerac

Oh okay. I think I misunderstood you a bit earlier. But that's a good point that they usually aren't opposites underneath. I've found that to be the case too. And it's also important to have certain things in common, of course. But whether or not a particular arrangement succeeds is going to depend on what both people value and need from one another and how well they're able to give it.
Agreed!

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Thanks so much for all of that analysis of his constant flirting and womanising (not to mention the more sinister side). You're completely right, of course, but it hurts viewing it, nonetheless. I just need to get past it, and would be able to, if my life took off the way I hope it does. Just got to tackle things in the mind, in the meantime and my reaction to it.

I get what you mean about the surface appearance of situations and how that differs to what is lying beneath. Thank you for that very perceptive overview, as always.

*hug
Sounds like you’ve a pretty sound, good & firm handle on things! : ) I wish I could be so grounded when in those shoes. . ; ) I’m usually much better, at losing my mind! (= on the comment per, or how he tends to, ~ “look (right) through you,” when seeing one another ‘in person.’ Do you think it has something to do with his way, or means of “rationalizing” it — or “justifying,” it? What I mean by that, I f I may elaborate-& why wouldn’t I - I guess... it’s like- him “pretending,” that you’re not there: that’s how he plays it in his own mind so as to (even) be able to be in the same room with you, and not have it get real wierd; real fast, because he knows he’s done ✅ something wrong! So, if he can “play this character,” that of someone who’s done no wrong — or doesn’t even know you (like the shark tank guy, mr wonderful always says, “you’re dead to me!!”) — then it becomes so much easier for him to be in the same room as you. Yes, you know jt (the gig/& what’s up with it...) he knows it... but that is all. Nobody else knows! Just the two of you // so! Think of it kind of lke a safety or defense mechanism. In order to have the ability, or capability to even be in the vicinity of actually “meeting,” one another per se, so to speak & so on... & so forth/// (or I could be completely wrong!) just thinking that in his own mind if he can convince him self that he’s done no wrong, then maybe he can even manage to buy into it some. . . (Or just a little bit!) ;^)) who knows? I forgot whatelse I was going to say: but it couldn’t have been that important! ;) peace ✌️

ShyGuy

I can't concentrate at all because I keep hearing the ceiling fan.

I'm upstairs and the ceiling fan downstairs is on and I can hear it up here and it bothers my ears a lot. I can't concentrate at all! I was trying to watch a new YouTube video (James and Mike Mondays new video) but I wasn't able to concentrate on it at ALL cuz I keep hearing the ceiling fan noise.

It doesn't stop.. I keep hearing the ceiling fan noise... my extended family member is downstairs so I can't turn the ceiling fan off though.. I can't stand it.. I keep hearing the ceiling fan noise and it's really bothering me and I can not concentrate at all.. I wish I had my headphones or earplugs but they're at my place and not at my extended family's house... uugh I can not concentrate at all.. I just keep hearing the ceiling fan noise.. >__<

also I really really make a gaming video but I still can't think of what to call myself. It can't have any thing to do with me or my interests since I get stalked online. So it has to be a username that has nothing to do with me or any of my interests or anything that I like at all and it has to be a name that I would never think of since I am being stalked online. But I can't think of a good catchy gaming video maker name that has nothing to do with me or my interests at all..

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I can't concentrate at all because I keep hearing the ceiling fan.

I'm upstairs and the ceiling fan downstairs is on and I can hear it up here and it bothers my ears a lot. I can't concentrate at all! I was trying to watch a new YouTube video (James and Mike Mondays new video) but I wasn't able to concentrate on it at ALL cuz I keep hearing the ceiling fan noise.

It doesn't stop.. I keep hearing the ceiling fan noise... my extended family member is downstairs so I can't turn the ceiling fan off though.. I can't stand it.. I keep hearing the ceiling fan noise and it's really bothering me and I can not concentrate at all.. I wish I had my headphones or earplugs but they're at my place and not at my extended family's house... uugh I can not concentrate at all.. I just keep hearing the ceiling fan noise.. >__<

also I really really make a gaming video but I still can't think of what to call myself. It can't have any thing to do with me or my interests since I get stalked online. So it has to be a username that has nothing to do with me or any of my interests or anything that I like at all and it has to be a name that I would never think of since I am being stalked online. But I can't think of a good catchy gaming video maker name that has nothing to do with me or my interests at all..
do you have headphones?

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Izzy's car has broken down again. The breakdown company said they'd be there in 30 minutes but left her on her own in the middle of nowhere in the dark for nearly 2 hours. When they finally got there they turned the key and it started first time *facepalm
I've had the starter on a car go before, and it would start sometimes and not others.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00