Post your *petty* complaint here

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
No, that was already absorbed by my cerebral sponge
But aside from the fact that I'm beginning to need Adderall, lol...my paper should turn out pretty damn good. We're supposed to pick a theory in psychology to explain the cause of an abnormal behavior, so I've decided to use the REBT framework to explain the cause of those with BPD making extreme efforts to avoid abandonment. I figured that's something I already know pretty damn well.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
But aside from the fact that I'm beginning to need Adderall, lol...my paper should turn out pretty damn good. We're supposed to pick a theory in psychology to explain the cause of an abnormal behavior, so I've decided to use the REBT framework to explain the cause of those with BPD making extreme efforts to avoid abandonment. I figured that's something I already know pretty damn well.
Out of interest, how much store do you set by regarding use of the REBT framework or any other similar type of format? Just interested in terms of how much flexibility does it allow for?

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Out of interest, how much store do you set by regarding use of the REBT framework or any other similar type of format? Just interested in terms of how much flexibility does it allow for?
Well, we were given some options to potentially use theory-wise. One of those options was the cognitive-behavioral model. Technically, REBT is a CBT-based approach. Albeit, a more specific one with a more specific framework to it. It does limit me a bit if I use it as the focus of my entire paper, but I feel like I know enough about it to make it work. And I've already found numerous sources I can use to back up my claims. Plus, I personally believe in REBT much more than CBT as a whole the way that therapists usually do it. So I figure better I write about something I both understand and fully stand by. But yeah, I didn't have to pick any particular element of CBT, I just chose to. I think it will make the instructor happy that I chose one specific focus and that I can showcase my knowledge on it.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Well, we were given some options to potentially use theory-wise. One of those options was the cognitive-behavioral model. Technically, REBT is a CBT-based approach. Albeit, a more specific one with a more specific framework to it. It does limit me a bit if I use it as the focus of my entire paper, but I feel like I know enough about it to make it work. And I've already found numerous sources I can use to back up my claims. Plus, I personally believe in REBT much more than CBT as a whole the way that therapists usually do it. So I figure better I write about something I both understand and fully stand by. But yeah, I didn't have to pick any particular element of CBT, I just chose to. I think it will make the instructor happy that I chose one specific focus and that I can showcase my knowledge on it.
I find talking extensively about one area, exhibiting the depth of your knowledge and understanding is usually always more impressive than someone just trying to cover a wider area which results in just glossing over things.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I find talking extensively about one area, exhibiting the depth of your knowledge and understanding is usually always more impressive than someone just trying to cover a wider area which results in just glossing over things.
Yeah, I think so, too. And there are definitely some scholarly articles out there specifically about REBT, so I'll be using several of those, as well as an actual book written by Albert Ellis. I figure what better book to use than one that was written by the founder of REBT himself. And now that all that's out of the way, all I have to do now is start writing the paper.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Yeah, I think so, too. And there are definitely some scholarly articles out there specifically about REBT, so I'll be using several of those, as well as an actual book written by Albert Ellis. I figure what better book to use than one that was written by the founder of REBT himself. And now that all that's out of the way, all I have to do now is start writing the paper.
Yes, instead of talking about it, it's time to actually do it :)

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Yes, instead of talking about it, it's time to actually do it :)
Well, the reason I did it this way this time was because I already tried writing the paper first and then trying to find sources and quotes to use and all that, which was much harder in the long run. I found myself trying to stick random quotes where they didn't really belong, messing up the entire flow of my paper, and then having to rewrite a bunch of stuff. So this time, I decided to have all that stuff ready.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Well, the reason I did it this way this time was because I already tried writing the paper first and then trying to find sources and quotes to use and all that, which was much harder in the long run. I found myself trying to stick random quotes where they didn't really belong, messing up the entire flow of my paper, and then having to rewrite a bunch of stuff. So this time, I decided to have all that stuff ready.
Wise move *thumbsup

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00