Post your *petty* complaint here

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Group was weird. We all sat in the garden but in order to be 2 metres apart we were so spread out we couldn't hear anyone over the building site noise next door. They're going to try to find a different venue for next week.

Plus I found out today that my CPN is leaving next week. I'm absolutely gutted as I got on with him so well. It looks like I won't be allocated a new one either due to staff shortages.

And they've cut the funding for the group so it has to stop and isn't being replaced with anything.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Group was weird. We all sat in the garden but in order to be 2 metres apart we were so spread out we couldn't hear anyone over the building site noise next door. They're going to try to find a different venue for next week.

Plus I found out today that my CPN is leaving next week. I'm absolutely gutted as I got on with him so well. It looks like I won't be allocated a new one either due to staff shortages.

And they've cut the funding for the group so it has to stop and isn't being replaced with anything.
Damn, I’m sorry :(

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ordered a new analog camera (that I did not need) and the appropriate film and batteries for the meter and various accessories.... everything arrived other than the camera. Teased.
I thought you meant this but had to google...
Why do you rather analogue? Just curious. I like the film strips...
So annoying :(

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
My screeching neighbor with her yipping dog...and they were standing right outside my door this morning. Oh and the carpet in the hallway was being deep cleaned again, even though it was cleaned for like 5 hours yesterday. And the machine sounds like a damn spaceship.

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's cool!!!! I didn't know people still bought them. Where would you develop the film? I hope you get the camera! I seem to recall Olympus being a good make.
I'm a predominately film user to be honest, this Olympus was my first ever camera but it broke a year or so ago and I was gutted. I have since moved on to 120mm film instead but I just saw it going for a decent price on eBay and just had to grab it. I can do black and white film at home if I order the chems in, but I usually got colour film processed at uni - I will have to wait for either that to reopen, or for the processing places to come back for colour :) I have a lot of colour 120mm to send off too so they'll be making £££££ haha.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm a predominately film user to be honest, this Olympus was my first ever camera but it broke a year or so ago and I was gutted. I have since moved on to 120mm film instead but I just saw it going for a decent price on eBay and just had to grab it. I can do black and white film at home if I order the chems in, but I usually got colour film processed at uni - I will have to wait for either that to reopen, or for the processing places to come back for colour :) I have a lot of colour 120mm to send off too so they'll be making £££££ haha.
Okay, what's 120mm film? I didn't know there were differences in film type. We just got it kinda thing and that was just that. Being that I only got a camera when I was 16 my first camera was digital.
Cool that you can do it yourself!!

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Okay, what's 120mm film? I didn't know there were differences in film type. We just got it kinda thing and that was just that. Being that I only got a camera when I was 16 my first camera was digital.
Cool that you can do it yourself!!
35mm is the most common one - the ones that go with the above kinds of camera - but in the "industry" it's snubbed because of the size - like you won't be able to scan it to get a good quality print bigger than A4, which is pointless if you were going to exhibit. 120mm is like most "in fashion" film at the moment, they're just bigger so can print a lot better, also there's just something about the aesthetic that screams Vogue haha. You have to use a different camera to accommodate the bigger film - my one is this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exc-5-Ma...807684?hash=item1f10152644:g:kIwAAOSwkidewnj8

:)

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
35mm is the most common one - the ones that go with the above kinds of camera - but in the "industry" it's snubbed because of the size - like you won't be able to scan it to get a good quality print bigger than A4, which is pointless if you were going to exhibit. 120mm is like most "in fashion" film at the moment, they're just bigger so can print a lot better, also there's just something about the aesthetic that screams Vogue haha. You have to use a different camera to accommodate the bigger film - my one is this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exc-5-Ma...807684?hash=item1f10152644:g:kIwAAOSwkidewnj8

:)
I get it. I'd love to see your photography...

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I could..
But there were some lovely camelias half price and I forgot to look for a yellow jasmine.
Just don't forget the pots and compost ;)
We be sad to come home with some more lovely flowers and nowhere to put them. You'll have to show us some photos when you're done. As it's far to hot here to garden.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Ordered a new analog camera (that I did not need) and the appropriate film and batteries for the meter and various accessories.... everything arrived other than the camera. Teased.
That sounds so great! It honestly makes my heart smile... (I’m a huge fan of film) / though I have no personal experience with either still, or cinematography — I just think that it breathes & that there is a vitality to it . I don’t know, but when something has been shot on it as opposed to digitally, even if it’s hard to tell (or see), I still think you can feel it (the difference). In motion pictures , as id imagine what yo ure interested in, it’s getting less & less practical to do so. But I still feel that even to this day it’s capable of producing the best image. Sometimes, when I’m watching a movie that is shot the standard say nowadays—& I’m not even talking about the blockbusters with special effects—I don’t even feel like I’m watching an organic, living breathing thing. But more, a stale, stark artificial simulation — or video game, perhaps! Good for you to keep pursuing your passion. My favorite filmmaker once said, “in order to make films, you don’t need to know a lot about a lot of things. But you do need to know photography (& he started out as a photographer himself; had his own dark room in his house). : )

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00