Post your *petty* complaint here

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I've complained about this before, I know, but I just saw another Facebook post that was like "This is what depression looks like" with pictures of celebrities who died by suicide or similar, laughing/smiling. It just bugs me because a better message would be "This is what depression can look like." Lately I've seen an uptick of people somehow implying that you're only depressed if you try to mask it with humor, and that's just as invalidating as saying everyone with depression only cries all the time. People need to recognize the diversity of human experiences.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Another petty complaint, but i'm rewatching Dexter, on DVD since they removed it from Netflix, and in this version, they've subtitled everything except the Spanish. At best it's sometimes subtitled in Spanish. So every so often an exchange happens that i have zero chance of actually understanding. It's Florida. Sometimes people speak Spanish there. And it would be nice to know what they're saying when they do.

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I say to my dad "Can you stop leaving the window open? We keep getting moths and flies."
He responds "It's too early in the year for them, plus it's not been warm enough."
Oh, ok, so i guess that means i'm just hallucinating all the insects i keep seeing flying around our house?
Oh man.... I have had some huge ones try and pick a fight with me in the last few weeks! Moths that is :D I feel your pain

ShyGuy

Arrrgh I can't stand that my family member keeps coughing without covering his mouth at all!! >___<

He keeps doing it right next to me, a lot!!!! and now I keep coughing, too.. He keeps coughing without covering his mouth at all!!!! I visited my extended family today and I was hoping it wouldn't be the same as every time where they harass me, but again the family member that works at a job with lots of people, he keeps coughing without covering his mouth at all ;___; right next to me..

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I love hearing about your photography, @Lux Way back in the dinosaur days I used to do some but it was terrible. I processed and developed my own film and shit for a minute and tried to con the parents into buying a house with a dark room lol Clearly that did not happen. I sucked at it anyway, like everything else, so it was fine.

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I love hearing about your photography, @Lux Way back in the dinosaur days I used to do some but it was terrible. I processed and developed my own film and shit for a minute and tried to con the parents into buying a house with a dark room lol Clearly that did not happen. I sucked at it anyway, like everything else, so it was fine.
one cannot suck at photography! that's why I like it so much. if you want to get back into it or anything I can help :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00