Post your *petty* complaint here

Two petty complaints today.
1) Dealing with the legal system over the name change. Sucks but I won't do it again. FOR ANYONE
2) The second is financial. One of my friends has been chasing me down and I got to talk to him tomorrow. He has been turned down for a loan to pay his rent (too many loans) and probably looking for loan from me. I am concerned because while he is important to me there have been many disagreements with people that I have "loaned" money to and have not seen it returned. He was one of the minor loans. So I am on edge. His rent is kind of substantial. But I can't in good conscience deny him because his need is great and I do have the cash. It's just that I can't be handing out loans while heading into retirement when I won't have any income. Granted retirement is 3 years away but it is coming.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Two petty complaints today.
1) Dealing with the legal system over the name change. Sucks but I won't do it again. FOR ANYONE
2) The second is financial. One of my friends has been chasing me down and I got to talk to him tomorrow. He has been turned down for a loan to pay his rent (too many loans) and probably looking for loan from me. I am concerned because while he is important to me there have been many disagreements with people that I have "loaned" money to and have not seen it returned. He was one of the minor loans. So I am on edge. His rent is kind of that substantial. But I can't in good conscience deny him because his need is great and I do have the cash. It's just that I can't be handing out loans while heading into retirement when I won't have any income. Granted retirement is 3 years away but it is coming.
As for name change...I get that mine is ridculous that changed to when got married but no way am I making simpler...basically 4 names (seemed like good idea at time to keep my maiden name (last of the family) as a middle name....not...lol

So sorry about your friend...as I too have loaned people money and so now tend to look at it as a gift - if gets repaid I'm surprised---but if it doesn't I'm not... and if it's too much for first then graciously work with them to try to find other solutions for them....sending *hugs because never easy situation to be in

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
As for name change...I get that mine is ridculous that changed to when got married but no way am I making simpler...basically 4 names (seemed like good idea at time to keep my maiden name (last of the family) as a middle name....not...lol
Ooh, are we making a competition out of this? Cos i feel like i'll be crowned the winner, with my name that's 5 names long. It's thanks to having both my parents' last names, and two inherited middle names. None of them are short names either, so every time i get asked to write down my full name, i ask the person requesting it if they're sure they want to let themselves in for that.

I may actually change my name down to my favourite 3 once the last grandparent on the side that'd get removed from my name goes, although based on what i've read above, it sounds like that may be its own adventure. :D

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
drank some vodka cocktail!!! nice!
wtf. I forgot I just took ativan.

omg omg omg benzo and alcohol combo makes someone into a braindead idiot (Ofdrykkja, 2020)
I didn't forget my APA citation, lol.

so! dizzy!
haldol! benadryl! ativan!!!

what sucks about animal orgs and people in my country is that strays MUST be in the WORST condition or be in a life threatening situation before one receives attention and or help.

My laptop mouse is in bluetooth function and someone is connecting to my mouse, i can't use it on my laptop, i have to bring out and use its wireless usb port thingy so no one else is interfering...

like who the fuck in clicking to connect on my mouse, i don't even wtf i was clicking on their monitors then.

having a nightmare where i’m watching a news coverage of a gruesome discovery…

it’s really fucked up, and within the day my molars started hurting wtf

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00