Posted on behalf of ..sam..

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Abacus21, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Sam wanted me to post this for her as she can't get online..

Sam's 14yr old cousin has stopped eating, and that's been for about a week. She says she's hungry, but when she eats, she is sick straight away. She's not making herself be sick, nor has she said anything about her being fat etc.
    Any advice?

2. Tammy

Tammy Guest

Maybe its an illness or even physcological. If she isnt obsessed with her weight or even making herself sick, maybe its an illnes or even a bug. Possibly one for a GP. Hope all is well though

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hey, if you read some of my previous posts, you will see i have the exact same problem, i have anxiety induced nausea, its very hard to explain but it could be that she feels stress and when she eats it causes her to be physically sick, she should take some anti nausea meds, such as otc drug motillium , i have suffered with this for nearly a year now, every single day, i really hope she feels better soon :hug:

hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  4. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

i agree it could be anxiety or a bug, either way a trip to the Dr seems in order, especially if it's been going on this long. what ever it is i hope it's sorted soon :hug:

(also hoping Sam can get back online soon :smile:)

5. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i agree with bunny the dr should know more to help them out :hug:

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Doctor's immediately, a week of non eating and vomiting will seriously affect her electrolites.

7. I would have posted the same thing (seeing the Doc), but after reading Terry's post, I agree with the electrolytes problem (not to mention dehydration! Also physically dangerous!! Hadn't thought of either immediately...)

Suggest going directly into Emerg - GOD KNOWS the waiting is a BITCH (man have I been there and done THAT! Too many times). But once your cousin DOES get in, they'll sooner get hooked up to an IV. The Triage Nurse may be helpful in getting this done ASAP...

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yep, the doc or emergency! May be a simple bug (so many around this time of year) but could be something far more complicated. And with complicated issues, the longer you wait, the harder it is to isolate and cure. Don't wait any longer get her in to a doc. Not to scare you but a young dear friend of mine was fighting what we thought was the flu, ended up being rushed to hospital at 3am one morning and find out that she has meningitis. It's been almost 2 weeks now and she still is not responding to treatment very well. Better safe than sorry. Good luck sam! Hope everything goes well.

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh I have ONLY JUST remembered about this thread :laugh: I was at home and don't have interent access when I am there. (Thanks Joe for posting this by the way.)

My cousin went on to make herself sick once and told her mum about it, said she had done it cos she was fat.

Touch wood she seems to be okay now (went out for a meal with her today and she ate moe than I did :laugh: ) so am hoping it was just a phase :unsure:

Thanks to everyone that posted :hug:

10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Sam, hello.

Forget touching wood mate, or wishing upon a star, or what have you. :tongue: Anorexia is an insidious psychological disorder that can be progressive. The parents of a fourteen year-old girl starving herself for days on end even once should have this evaluated by a doctor, ANY doctor. Whether she wants this or not, she's a child. Parental responsibility or awareness is what seems to be lacking.

Thanks,
    ToHelp

11. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

making yourself sick wont help with weight loss. trust me on that one. im a bodybuilder development of the body is my expertise.
    needs to drink a lot of water every day and do some exersize like boxing, bike riding, or whatever it is she prefers as often as possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.