Posting Suicide Thoughts for attention?..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ShalenaM, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

I got really angry last night and posted on another forum that I was going to commit suicide..and I get tired of hearing the same thing over and over again..blahblahblah--people always say, if you want to commit suicide you will not tell everyone..THAT AINT TRUE! When I had to go to the hospital for taking too many pills, I always vented about the way I felt..I"m an outgoing person,,and outspoken..I DON'T DO THIS FOR ATTENTION! I REALLY DO NEED HELP! I get too much attention already from where I live..everyone knows me..I don't need attention from anyone..(maybe Howard..) but, no one else..and I don't vent to Howard that I want to commit suicide, cuz men don't like that..that drives them away!..(as if I didn't drive him away far enuff from my impulsivce emails..:sad:

Anyone get the same b.s..:dry:
  2. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

yes i got accused of wanting attention a lot.. and especially on other forums and even one forum put up a posting of an icon type thingy called it whore of attention then posted it toward me.. the thing with others is they dont know or understand our pain and to them we are doing things to get attention when in all reality we are really hurting and need to know if someone out there cares or understands us..

Believe me i know how much it hurts and how bad we just need someone to talk to , someone who can understand us and our hurt.. if you want to chat more just pm me anytime and i can share with you what happened to me and what ended me up on this forum... i always answer my pms when i get them.. so feel free to pm this little white dove anytime.
  3. Kozuka

Kozuka Member

and that's the reason why I don't tell anyone how I feel...I want attention? no way in hell - I hate when attention is on me.
  4. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I email a psychiatrist and told him I felt suicidial and all that and get this, this is what he told me, "Obviously as a child you were very neglected by people and this is your way crying out." FUCK you dick I don't say that if I want attention
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Nah, it's not attention seeking unless the person has that intention, otherwise it's a way of venting and wanting to be understood. People just need to be more open minded, it really isn't hat hard as soo many seem to think.
  6. You nailed that one right on the head man. People do post suicide thoughts because they are seeking attention.

Or because they want to die in a bad way and it's sickningly fucked up not let them do so. 1 or the other.
  7. Persephone

Persephone Active Member

For attention? No way, though I guess there are people who use threats of suicide to manipulate others. Almost everyone who does commit sucide has at least hinted at it to someone. No. It's more a cry for help someone please show me that there is another way out of my pain. No one wants to die. We just want to stop suffering.
  8. When it's my time to take the bus, the LAST thing I'm going to do is inform someone :rolleyes:.

I'm too old to be act like some teenage drama queen. Not my style.
  9. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

I could never understand telling people you don't really know that your going to kill yourself, in reality it really does seem like something you would do for attention. If the group doesn't really know/care about you, 99.9% of people that use the internet, then what are they going to expect? If your asking for help and trying to avoid suicide thats different. But to just post "I'm going to kill myself *insert time* because *insert reason*." seems rather de-constructive.
  10. Agreed.

I will never say people who voice their intent prior to going through with it are just seeking attention. I KNOW some people really do find it necessary to make an announcement.

But for the life of me I can't understand why. Aside from promising a particular person or group of people you'll let them know, why bother telling anyone else?

When I'm ready, please believe, I'm not making one phone call, sending one email, or pecking out one text message.

I feel there is a huge difference between telling someone you're having suicidal thoughts and telling someone you're about to kill yourself. In my opinion it's cruel and manipulative.
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm the shy guy who always sat in the very back of the classroom in the most obscure corner just so he'd never get called on or noticed by anyone. Yeah. I want attention :blink:
  12. Exactly.

Hell, if I want attention I'll just walk into a bank and take hostages ! :wink:
  13. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with Prozac and Random. People confuse the desire for attention with the desire to be heard pretty often. There's all kinds of attention and not all of it is positive. If I had to guess I'd say everyone posting on this forum wants some kind of attention, otherwise there's no point in posting at all, be that in the form of someone just reading what you're going through and saying 'I know what you mean' and you feeling just a little bit better that you aren't alone, or otherwise.

When I hear the word 'attention' it paints a picture of being in the spotlight, being judged and having an audience, that's not what I'm looking for when I pour my heart out to someone. I just want them to smile and nod and say 'It's alright to feel that way'. I dunno, maybe some people might like being ignored totally, but that's a bit painful for me.
  14. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with wanting attention. It is a basic human need that we are recognized by others. An isolated human being doesn't have a personality, personality is something that appears through interaction with others. We depend on each other for everything.
  15. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  16. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, most of us have very few actual friends. That is, people who we can talk to who won't treat us with utter contempt.

I enjoy being alone but I don't enjoy feeling like I'm the only person in the world who feels the way I do. A shrink (which I don't have one but many here might) isn't much comfort. They're looking to find the cancer in your mind. They have no interest in identifying with you and comforting you. I think people come here because they're tired of the clinical "WTF is the matter with you?".

The rest of the world just wants to poke holes in us and feed us pills so we'll stop calling attention to the fact that their precious society is poison to us.
  17. If you need attention, you need attention
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.