Postpone Next Session?

sofie

Banned Member
So my psychologist wants to start using DBT with me this next week -- it is a type of therapy that incorporates mindfulness, changing reactions, etc. (See other thread titled DBT , started by Petal for more details if you want). He asked me to get a workbook that we will use together, which I did and I have read through some of it. I get the idea and it sounds like a potentially effective therapy for the right person but I am not sure that I can do what this asks, if I even WANT to do what this asks, it would involve giving up all my current coping mechanisms and I am not sure that is something I can/want to do. I have my next appointment on Tuesday and I am wondering if I should cancel that and think about this some more -- I am limited to 20 sessions per year, two are already down for the year. And I am paying full cost out of pocket anyways because of high deductible so I kind of think I should 'save' the session until I KNOW that I can do this. Thoughts?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You know your own mind better than anyone else, if you think you should save this session then do so. I'm waiting for my DBT, it's supposed to be starting soo-ish, it's free and for 50 weeks in the year or 48, i can't remember. If you can't make up your mind then have a pre-session to talk about your concerns regarding dbt etc.. I hope you can figure something out :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00