Potentially Eternal Cafe, Starting 20 August 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what today's cafe theme itself should be, so I guess it's make-your-own-theme. It's also the Happy Birthday Cafe for @RedTerminator13 ! *bday*stars*stars*stars

I'd like to float the idea of a potentially eternal cafe thread. That is, rather than having a new thread for each new theme and each new day, maybe we could have one thread, with each theme lasting at least one day and until someone changes it.

That way, we wouldn't have to go on a massive tagging frenzy for each cafe. Anyone who has ever responded to a cafe thread would automatically have the thread bumped to the top of their watched threads list, and they could always unwatch the thread if they wanted to. There would always be a Jim's Cafe thread with a theme active, and the theme would remain active until someone changed it. It could also be a general chat thread regardless of the theme.

As always, everyone is welcome to Jim's Cafe whether you have been tagged or not, and new members are especially welcome to introduce themselves and say hello!

Thoughts? An actual cafe theme? Happy birthday wishes?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Been around when Jim was here. Kind of think it is more fun having a separate thread everyday because

Look at the petty complaints thread! Lol thats one longassed nonstop bantering i gotta flip page after page lol

Cool idea just think Jim would be proud either way ❤

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
I'd like to float the idea of a potentially eternal cafe thread. That is, rather than having a new thread for each new theme and each new day, maybe we could have one thread, with each theme lasting at least one day and until someone changes it.

That way, we wouldn't have to go on a massive tagging frenzy for each cafe. Anyone who has ever responded to a cafe thread would automatically have the thread bumped to the top of their watched threads list, and they could always unwatch the thread if they wanted to. There would always be a Jim's Cafe thread with a theme active, and the theme would remain active until someone changed it. It could also be a general chat thread regardless of the theme.
This is a really smart idea, I'm all for it. And if it turns out we prefer it the old way we can always just decide to change back... so absolutely no harm in giving it a go, at least.
There's a thread explaining here: https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/who-was-jim.132252/

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey @may71 just wanted to say tysm for tagging me & I think your idea is a great one! I'm completely fine with it being done that way and also that way there is always a cafe topic so there never has to be a day where there "isn't one" to post in cos there'd always be one. I like that we'd still be able to have a new theme every day if we wanted too :) Ok well now I'll answer the kinda/sorta questions then lol ;)

Thoughts?
Already put above lol ;) :)

An actual cafe theme?
Well I realize this will be an extremely shocking theme idea (for anyone who reads anything I've written in this post that is lol), but I think a really great theme (for today at least, if not forever but lol don't worry I know that would not be fair at all) is Star Wars! :D :) ;)

Happy birthday wishes?
Yes, HAPPY BDAY @RedTerminator13 hope you have a great day! :) *bday*stars*hug(some bday hugs lol)

Ok well in celebration of the SW theme (if no one else wants to have that as today's theme that's fine lol just wanted to post this anyway) here's a SW thing I put together last month. I didn't post it anywhere here before now cos...well I dunno...guess I don't have a very good reason (least not one I'm willing to say here lol) why I didn't post it before now.
Anyway, I made it with love so hopefully no one thinks it's pathetic or something like that lol. Guess if they do I will survive though, esp. after how this last month has been in some ways. Hope someone here maybe likes it but if not it's ok cos I like it anyway :) ❤ ❤ ❤

gladworldswcollage.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00