powerless

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by morning rush, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

on a forum I go to, we get to give and take out karma on each profile(user) and there's favouritism on the site so sometimes they take the karma away from people just because they said something that they didn't like, they will mute or ban someone for no reason other than they are annoyed with someone, they don't like them or their friends don't like them....

one of them is a friend and they reduced his karma to the state of certified troll, so he lost all his privileges of commenting and such...I'm trying to raise his karma up so I contacted some of my friends on there to raise his karma, but man, they are others lowering it as it gets up...

I just feel so powerless that I can't help, and it's so unfair for no reason...

and then I think, why do I feel compel to help him, and then i get depressed when I can't....

I don't know what to think and how to act...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think this site is very harmful and really should be avoided it is a very cruel thing to do to anyone You and your friend should come here or to a site that provide emotional support not tear it down get your friend and you off that site ok hugs

3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I'm with TE on this. It sounds like a dangerous and destructive site which panders to the worst instincts. I would advise everyone to avoid it.

4. morning rush

it's a movie/tv show site...where we can watch what we want...but there's a social side to it.

I tried to help that friend I mentioned and I had posted on my friends' walls but a mod saw it and deleted ALL my posts I ever made in two years...wow...so now I gotta watch my back and lay low for a while otherwise they will ban me :(

I wish I was a hacker so I could fight back but I'm just a normal comp person...

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That site sounds cruel,unfair and harmful. Could you and your friend possibly stay away from the 'social side' of the site?

6. morning rush

I stay away from the forum all the time...I don't talk there because you never know who you can offend...I just watch movies, comment and post on my friends walls...I think he's learned not to share anything to anyone...and people did come together to give him karma so it should be okay from now on...

it just sucks that people would bully people for no reason...and people with power who use it wrongly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.