Practical advice for gay girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by unlucky in love, Jun 23, 2008.

1. unlucky in love

unlucky in love New Member

Hi I am gay. I have been all my adult life. I have had some major events in the last 8 years of my life. I have not a quality romantic relationship in that period of time either and the two significant relationships I have had were not all together that good. I learned a lot but have failed to meet someone really loving and interested in me. Tonight I am fairly confident that life is not worth living and I would like to get my affairs in order. Could anyone offer some tips for wrapping everything up, I really don't want to leave a burden behond for the friends and family. Thanks for all your help.

2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Heya,

Any tips?? hummmm hang on in there. If you do not want to leave things for your family and friends to sort out then do not die.

i am really sorry you feel like this atm. Do you see anyone about this?

Sam
    x

3. unlucky in love

unlucky in love New Member

no therapy, what is there to talk about anyway? Why waste my breath? is the therapist going to find me a mate? No. I can't change my circumstances. I have tried: been on the internet, out at the bars I have not been able to get a date in years. What is the point of anything with no significant other? Really, the last decade has been hell on earth. There is no purpose under which I feel I need to exist anymore.What is the point? I do not know why I have even bothered for as long as I have. Just want some advice from people who have been here and planned ahead for the future when they are not around.

4. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

this is a pro life site so we wont give advice on how to prepare for suicide.

to be honest i think you need to stop feeling that you have to be with another person for life to be worthwhile, yes it's nice to have someone to share things with but it's not the be all and end all. If you put your life on another person it wouldnt be fair, and chances are they wouldnt be able to deal with it either which would just leave you back at square one. you need to learn to be happy with yourself

maybe therapy would be good to help you get past the need for another person, like i said it's nice to have someone, but it cant be forced for the fact that you feel less without

5. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

maybe therapy would be good to help you get past the need for another person, like i said it's nice to have someone like bunny said

Also for your suicidal thoughts.

Sam
    x