Prayer - even if you're not religious

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by stapleremover, Oct 19, 2014.

1. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

It feels pretty strange to be posting this since I'm just this side of being atheist, but one of the most helpful resources I've found over the past few years is a prayer line operated by the Unity Church, a non-denominational (and not even necessarily Christian) church.

You can call any time, 24/7, and speak with a live 'prayer associate' who will listen to you and then pray with you on the phone...and it's just as much encouragement and positive affirmations as it is 'prayer'. And despite the fact that I'm very far from being a Christian or even believing in god, I've found them more helpful than I can say.

Anyways, the number (in the US) is 1-800-669-7729 or 1-800-NOW-PRAY. Give them a shout next time you feel overwhelmed, lonely, or sad. They also have a website and a free smartphone app - just search for SILENT UNITY.

2. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

May Divine peace fill your whole being, within and without, today and always.

May you be content with yourself and love and accept yourself, just the way you are.

May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you always be aware of the infinite possibilities that are born of trust in the goodness of life and its Creator,
    the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
    to provide for all of everyone’s needs, including yours.

May you use the gifts the Universe has bestowed upon you,
    to do your share of making our world into a better and more beautiful place
    for all its inhabitants.

May you be able to give the full measure of the love
    that is the most natural and important part of your being,
    to everything that comes your way.

May your soul enjoy the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love
    whatever is waiting to be taken possession of by you
    every moment of each day, week, month and year of your present lifetime.

And may God and the Angels bless you and keep you safe, forever.

Created by Anon.
    Edited by Aquarius

From Words & Prayers For Comfort & Healing

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I'm an atheist, but i'll contribute a prayer.

Thank you Ocean, birth place of all life. You support infinite forms of life, support so many people, take away our stress, cleanses our bodies, connect the entire world, bring people together from all land masses, and even when we poison you, we get the bounty of life you bestow from your existence. All life stems from you, so may we not kill our mother.

There, non-theistic contribution to the prayer thread. For the atheist who may want to have a way to pray.

4. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Now that you mention the Unity Church, the best thing about it is that in addition to its Christianity, it also respects Buddhism and other religions. So often, to my dismay, I've seen so-called Fundamentalists who insist that all Buddhists and Atheists go to Hell. But here, much to my relief, I see the Unity-Christians who respect other beliefs.