Prayer Request For My FAMILY

I'm requesting that anyone of faith and trust in God to pray for my family. My wife walked out 1 week ago without letting me know she was leaving or giving any explanation of where she was going or why. We've had troubles in the past but the last 3 years had been the best 3 years of our marriage. She won't talk to me and friends have tried to get her to talk to them but nothing seems to be working. She needs a touch from God to soften her heart about whatever the problem is so we can begin talking and trying to work out whatever the problem is and can get our family back together. Thanks in advance for all your prayers. I know God can and will answer prayer if we pray hard enough and have faith. We've been married for 27 years and just when it was the best it's ever been she leaves.

dugga

Hi @Losing it - has anyone arranged for her to see a professional counsellor or someone close who can get some answers from her about why she left? I'm sure it is hard on you to not know why this has happened... maybe she just needs some time on her own to work things out? I really hope it all works out OK for you both - 27 years is a long time.

Hi @Losing it - has anyone arranged for her to see a professional counsellor or someone close who can get some answers from her about why she left? I'm sure it is hard on you to not know why this has happened... maybe she just needs some time on her own to work things out? I really hope it all works out OK for you both - 27 years is a long time.
No one without she's done so. I don't even know where she is. Right now communication is hand me down communication that I'm getting from my son or anyone else that's able to get a word with her because she refuses to talk with me. I just spoke with my son a few minutes ago and ask him to see if she'd be willing to try some sessions with a Christian marriage/family counselor.

Everyone please keep praying. If there's anyone who can change this for the better it's God. He made these bodies and can heal ANYTHING that's wrong with them whether it's a broken finger or a broken marriage. I've been praying night and day about this situation and as everyone that can reach God to do the same so our family can be reunited and we can live as one flesh again as the Bible teaches a husband and wife should. Thanks for the prayers and I ask that you keep them going as long as it takes to get this situation resolved. These last few months I've suffered from very severe depression and just when things started getting better for me this came up with my wife leaving. I've already lost some of the ground that I'd made toward recovery and don't want to lose more.

Last edited:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Saying a quiet prayer for you, I am sorry for your difficult circumstances at the moment. There is hope and keep your faith and hold onto it :)

You and your family will be in my prayers. Are there any children caught up in this?
Our only living child is now 26 years old and married, but it's tearing him apart too. I'm open to anyone who's praying for us to also ask friends and family to pray for us too. I also want to say thank you to the ones who are praying and trying to help the situation.

birdie5

SF Supporter
Psalm 31:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord.

Prayers go out for you and your family.

Thanks for the prayers, my wife finally called me today and we spent a good while on the phone with one another discussing things that were bothering her that I wasn't aware of. She's not committed to coming back yet but I think now if I'll leave her a little bit of space and time to think everything will be worked out. Just because I say these things don't stop praying, lift our problems up to the Lord every chance you get. Anyone who says prayer doesn't work doesn't know the God that I know.

Keep those prayer coming. After she called me this morning I later called and asked her to go to a neighboring town to do some shopping and she agreed. We spend time together from about 5PM till about 12AM, everything went great. We have both agreed she can continue to live in her apartment until we feel we are ready to be back together full time. In the meantime we are going to be doing things together kind of like a new dating experience. We've both also agreed that each night before we part ways for the day to each write down highlights of the day with one another. We will both write what we think the day has been like then we will exchange what we wrote and if there's a large discrepency we'll discuss how the problem can be worked out fairly for both. We agreed that when we wrote our summary for the day we would rate the day with the other either bad, fair, good, or very good and discuss discrepencies then I will sign off on what she wrote and she will sign off on what I wrote. This way there's none of this coming back and saying you did or didn't do such and such. This should put us both to bed in a good mood and be able to wake up in the mornings feeling good about one another. I'm a very outspoken person and sometimes say things I shouldn't. She's not as outspoken but also says things she shouldn't. We are hoping this will allow both of us speak freely about good and bad and work it out before we retire for the night. Often I might say something to her not meaning anything by it but she takes it the wrong way and never says anything about it. I think part of the problem is things that I may say or do that I don't mean anything by she bottles up as bad and then at some point she simply blows up when there was really nothing wrong in the first place. I'm not laying blame on her I just think sometimes she takes things to literally and she thinks I don't care for her when really she's the most important part of my life besides God. No one will ever convince me that God doesn't answer prayer and that he won't get involved in marital disputes if you ask with an open heart that you''re both willing to make the changes it takes to make the marriage work. If I'd been asking God to change her and didn't also ask him to help me make the changes I needed to make the marriage work it would have shown that I was selfish and that my way was the only way, but I prayed for him to help us both change to meet the others needs/wants. By doing this I think we can turn this separation into a healthy productive marriage.

We spent about 11.5 hours together today. She came back to the house and we both worked on cleaning it up some then took a couple hours nap and went back to her apartment for a few hours to eat supper and watch a movie. We both evaluated our day together in about the last 30 minutes I was at the apartment. Our evaluations were pretty much in line with one another with me going into more detail. She rated it as a good day and I rated it very good so an overall rating of good-very good. There have been no harsh words nor have either of us got angry about what was said or done by the other which was already uncommon. Keep the prayers going. There's no doubt in my mind if we will work together on this situation most days can be rated good or very good by both of us. After talking to her some last night and today I think that at some point she'd made comments to other people and they had more or less brain washed her into thinking I didn't care anything about her and that she'd be better off without me. Last night she made the comment no one understands how I feel and I asked her what she meant by that, whether she though I didn't understand her feelings. She said it was nothing to do with me but other people not understanding that she still loves me. I know she loves me as much as I love her but she's the type that is pretty easily influenced by others and when those others are feeding her negative even though she loves me sometimes she lets them get the best of her and she makes bad decisions. I requested prayer on several web sites I visit daily. One person made the comment that God wouldn't get involved in a marital dispute. I quickly told him marriage was a vow taken by a man and his wife before God and that if we prayed about it in the right way asking him to help us both that God would be right in the middle of it offering assistance. Another man on the same forum made the comment that she'd been cheating on me, doing it for a long time and that I'd be better off without her. I very quickly explained to him that she worked 8 hours a day, was usually home within 20 minutes of getting off work and we normally spent the rest of the evening together. She doesn't drive so it's not like she could say I'm going to the grocery be gone 1-2 hours and I not know where she was because 99%+ of the time I was the one who took her anywhere she went except for work and back and then she rode with her female supervisor or other female co worker. I think it's pretty bad when you go asking for prayer and people who don't offer to pray for your need instead act as the devil's advocate. I'm pretty sure in 27 years of marriage if there was something going on behind my back or if I was doing something behind her back that it would have come to light by now. I'm very thankful for the ones who are sincere in praying and offering assistance to my family in this time of need.

We spent about 11.5 hours together today working, taking a nap, eating supper and watching a movie. Last night she made a comment that no one understood her. I ask if that included me. She said no it was other people. I think at some point she'd made some kind of comment to others and they started trying to brain wash her into thinking I didn't love or care about her and playing the devil's advocate. She's pretty easily influenced by what others say and I think this is where the whole problem got started. I truly believe she loves me as much as I love her. I've requested prayer for us on several other forums I visit daily. One person made the comment that God wouldn't get involved in a marital dispute. I very quickly told him that marriage was a sacred union made by a man and woman with God as a witness and as long as I was praying for him to help us both do the things needed to make our relationship work that God would be right in the middle of it helping us both. Another man on the same forum said she's cheating on you and has been doing so for a long time. I informed him she works 8 hours a day, rides to and from work with her female supervisor or female co-worker and is usually home within 20 minutes of getting off work (which is about a 15 minute drive) then we as a normal rule were here at home alone or out somewhere together the rest of the night. She doesn't drive so it wasn't like she could say I'm going to the grocery be gone for 1-2 hours without me being sure where she was because I was normally the one who took her to the grocery or anywhere else she needed to go. Usually if she went anywhere with anyone else it was with my son or he and his wife. I think in 27 years of marriage if she was running around on me or me on her the truth would have come out sometime in that length of time. She's never given me reason to believe there's any other person involved and I haven't her although I have often joked with her about having my girlfriend over to visit while she was at work. If I were truly doing this I certainly wouldn't be planting the seed in her mind that it might actually be happening. Ever since we've been married we've lived in either a small town in NC or a small town in KY and someone would have seen something if either of us were cheating and would have spilled the beans about it. Thanks to everyone who's supporting us with prayers and best wishes. Keep the prayer going.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00