Pregnancy Forum

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by alices_ponder, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Ok, when I was pregnant I was on this pregnancy forum this I will not disclose the name of. But I had only just found out I was pregnant and went onto it to get some support because to be be honest- I was scared shitless.

Everyone on the forum spent the whole time bitching at each other and then behind each others backs. When anyone wrote a post, they just received a load of offensive messages in reply. The girls excuses were that they are pregnant and grumpy.. is that any reason to be a bitch?

So yeah. I got banned from the forum because loads of the girls reported me as being fake and not actually existing. All because i wouldn't give them my facebook link! I don't even have facebook :mellow: and then they got all uptight because apparently everyone has facebook and I was lying? It was really upsetting because I went on for support and help and got abuse and then banned for no reason..

Now a girl I know in REAL LIFE just had her baby and found the website (I never mentioned it to her), and because she is in care herself and didn't use protection with her boyfriend she is getting bullied. I know she should have used protection and everything but she has had a really hard life and doesn't deserve the abuse she is now getting. Apparently everytime she writes something on the website now, one particular girl points out all her faults and even said she is a troll and she seen pictures of the same baby on the internet. Which is lies because I actually held her baby last week!! :mellow: Now this girl has started to self harm and is really low.

What do I do? I am scared she will kill herself.. and her boyfriend dumped her and moved back abroad. And her parents are dead.. she lives in and out of different foster homes. A few she gets physically, sexually and verbally abused in! I don't want her baby to go through the same things :shelbi: xox
  2. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

From reading your post the solution sounds obvious:

Tell her about your experience with the website. Tell her that the people there made things worse and not better. You should step in and be the support she needs. Be the person you needed when you were pregnant for her and do everything to avoid being the people that made your life worse.
  3. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

the only thing i can say is, is that she should stop visiting that site and you could talk to her about your experiences on the same board since you know what she's going through. i don't know anything about foster homes except that my bf has lived in a few of them. a good idea maybe would be to get some counseling so she can talk out her problems and hopefully that will help some.
  4. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Thank you to the both of you, I am going to ring her now (she doesnt sleep). she does get counselling. after her many previous suicide attempts and other things. Thanks again. I dont know why i didnt think of telling her myself.

Could an admin close this thread please? :mhmm:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.