Pregnant and anorexic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People tell me that they think i'm anorexic, i was denying it, but lately i see that they are right.
I'm not really that bad, with my eating, just sometimes i'm really eating not much eat all.

But now i'm 19 weeks pregnant, and it's so hard to see my stomach grow, i actually hate it. And that just makes me more determined to not eat, even though i know that i should.
It makes me sick, to see my stomach so big.
So what can i do, to get the thought of, i'm fat, out of my head, cause actually it's a baby and not fat.

meagainstme

maybe you should research more about pregnancy so you aware of the changes to your body and make yourself realise that its a baby and not gaining weight?

i dont want to sound patronising there, but making yourself more aware might help you?

and congratulations on the pregnancy :)

T
what trapped said!

:hug: i hope you are okay and congratulations on the pregnancy!

you cant be that bad, if im right, in that usually anorexic girls cant usually get pregnant. so there must be some glipse of hope in that information, knowing that you're not so far into the anorexia that you cant get out of it.

Im sure you can get over the thoughts and issues on your weight and be healthy throughout your pregnancy.

i wish you the best of luck, and the best of health :arms:

F

}{Feather Pen}{

It's not really healthy to not eat with a baby. It will starve, too. It can come out with serious medical problems if it doesn't get the nutrients it needs in the womb. All I can tell you is when you're at the dinner table and not eating, think of the baby. It's not about you, it's about the baby.

:hug: Congratulations.

savetoniqht

Congratulations on the pregnancy! But okay not trying to be mean just trying to help, i know its not your fault but not eating while you are pregnant is very, very dangerous to both of you. It causes a really big risk of miscarriage, and if your body weight gets too low you wont be able to handle the pregnancy. Also, if you don't eat your baby will starve too. I know it's not your fault, and it's not something that you can just turn off. I know getting help is nearly impossible (trust me i understand that), but in this case it's pretty serious since you're pregnant.. i'd talk to someone asap. =/ good luck with everything though! (that was my attemt at being positive after this semidepressing post. Seriously though, good luck.) =)

slim_to_none

huge congrats on the pregnancy.

what was said above about anorexics having a hard time getting pregnant IS true.

you've got this baby, and i know it sounds harsh but you have to think of your child. your baby needs the food. your baby needs you to eat for it. just think, if you want to, you can do whatever you want to your own body for the rest of your life, but your baby only has this one chance for you to help it grow and live.

im sorry if i sound preachy or anything. its just that i have had / have anorexia, and have been trying to get pregnant for a few months now and know if i ever do it'll be pure luck. please just realise how lucky you are.

take care of yourself, and take care of your baby.
pm if you need someone to talk to.
xx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00