Pregnant women should be tested for alcoho amid binge drinking fears

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I thought you might be interested in this. There's a few issues I see, primarily the mentality we can police and monitor people based off of fear. Essentially they want to control people and infringe on our freedom to be who we want to be. Free, as long as it's in their tolerance levels.
    Interesting that they are targeting pregnant women. I always thought our commitment was to freedom of life, education and awareness, and ultimately allowing people to make their own choices. Just the mentality to even suggest this as an option is concerning I think..

I know it's talk, but that's how we get these mentalities through over time. If the medical community is saying there is an influx in binge drinking pregnant women and this is injurying the babies, I believe them to an extent. That's not my issue. It's the approach at handling the situation. This is oversight and control, rather than digging into the problem as to why so many soon to be mothers don't seem to understand/care about the dangers they are putting their unborn child through.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...ed-for-alcohol-amid-binge-drinking-fears.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.