• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any experience of this? I've just been put on Prozac for depression, but I think it's more likely that I have PDD. I'm not sure 100% though. I get a mad depression for like, the two weeks leading up to my period (sorry if that's too much info.) it's terrible, really serious.. then it goes away for a week or so (I don't feel great, just a little better) During my depressive stage I self harm, constantly think of suicide, make myself sick, everything slows down. I thought that I might be bipolar, but there's a total lack of mania, so I suppose that kind of rules it out, hah.

Please help! I don't want to start taking these meds properly before I know what's really wrong with me.

- hope this isn't in the wrong section..sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

sadsong

Staff Alumni
hi, i wouldn't say i have PDD but i certainly get more emotional around the time of my period, i feel more depressed and am almost crying every second of the day.

you say that for the weeks outside of it you still feel a bit depressed so if i were you i'd give the tablets a go. If they help then brilliant, if not then go speak to your doc nd see about tring some other ones.

Lizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00