preoccupations on death

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by suzie_m, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzie_m

suzie_m Member

I can't get the thoughts out of my mind. All the possible ways I could hurt myself and end it all.

The thoughts are now occupying my mind, on my good days. I can't reason why I want to do it but I keep imaging the possible ways I can. Its seems so easy and I challenge myself-I have the willpower to carry it through.

2. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Hey Suzie and welcome to SF :hug:

I was just like you, all I could think about was death and suicide. I would be out with others and just think about suicide while the others would be talking about normal things. I'd also think about suicide in school or while talking to others. When it's this far you really are a danger to yourself as it just needs a simple spark and you attempt suicide. Please go to hospital, it's the only place where you are safe. The people there can really help you.

Would you mind telling a bit about yourself, like why you're feeling this way? Has anything caused you feeling this low?

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi...welcome to s.f.

please tell us more about your situation, your feelings, and lean on us while you are so weak. . :console:

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Suzie & welcome to SF.

Do you know why you are having these thoughts of harming yourself? Have they been there for a while or has something happened recently to make you feel like this?

I hope you can talk to us :hug:.

Take care, Claire xx

5. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome.. and im so sorry that you have found us feeling this way

i do hope that you can find it in you and talk to us so that we can hopefully support you x :hug:

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Suzie,

Welcome to the forum..Have you tried writing down these thoughts as you have them..Maybe in writing you can find a root cause..We are here for you so don't be adraid to talk to us..We all have had those thoughts at least once, most of us it is a constant!! Take Care!!

7. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

You may be someone who is fascinated by the mysteries of life and death. The afterlife is a subject that can be researched and studied and perhaps you may benefit from learning all that you can about this strange reality that we are a part of. It may help ease your obssessive thoughts.

8. suzie_m

suzie_m Member

Thanks for the help everyone.

I reckon I have been feeling down for quite some time over 10+ years. I feel that I probably was a unhappy kid when I was younger receiving emotional abuse from my family. They made me aware of all my shortcoming and made it obvious I was disliked. Unfortunatley I did not feel apathetic to their opinions and it made affected me greatly.

In my early teens I had anorexia nervosa and spent a few months as an inpatient. I had therapy with doctors, psychiatrists and social workers and I felt let down that they did not understand and help me but rather made assumptions and categorised my condition with a textbook approach.

I'm 22 now and studying at uni with not much else going on in my life. I feel detached from the activities and people around me. I will categorize the pros and cons of existing here and I can only fill the column with points against carrying on with my life

I feel reluctant and scared of seeking professional. I will blurt out my incoherent thinkings and be scrutinized and judged.

I appreciate the support guys and I hope I can give back too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.