Pretend to be happy

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by unnecessary, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unnecessary

unnecessary Guest

Who here also has to fake happiness in front of other people? I've been fed up with this. Sometimes when asked "how are you?", I just wish to say, "Terrible. I want to die." But I can't. I have to resume the masquerade. It's horrible to suffer alone, and more so when you have to put a "happy" face in front of others.

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I used to do that as well. Sometimes I still do but only because I don't want people to know i'm unhappy. And there are times when I just don't show any emotion...mainly because I would think emotion is a weakness.

3. numbtomyself

numbtomyself Member

i've always put my "mask" on and say nice things to please everyone around me. lately i have been feeling very dead, and even putting on a face is too much work. i am now alienating people more than i ever did, but it just hurts to much to pretend to be something you're not. eventually you snap.

4. ihope2die

ihope2die Active Member

i do it. otherwise i'd have no friends and my family would put me on a heavy dosage of meds, monitor me all the time and make me go to therapists.

5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I do that every day of my life. I wake up in the morning and if other people are around, i put on my 'fake face' I hate it. And if someone asks "what is wrong?" I have to say "nothing" and smile. Like you I want to scream at the top of my lungs IM NOT OK!!!! I WANT TO DIE!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    but instead i smile and hold it ALL inside :(

6. Jess_21

Jess_21 Active Member

It is the same here. Every morning i put on my lovely mask, and it is painful. If someone asks wants wrong i say "nothing i am just tired, etc." When really i want someone to take away the pain.

I wonder tomorrow if i was to be honest and not put the mask on. How many people at school would want to still know me. But i want i am to much of a coward, living behind the mask is so much easier.:dry:

7. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Guilty as charged. But no more.I have changed that slowly. Yet there are no easy ways to eradicate some of it .It is engraved in our sub zero conscious brain. The key is to be conscious as soon as you can get,yet no guarantee . I think some of us here are already reached that point maybe this is how we realized that our existence is a big hoax. We are a product of a great programming machine . Religion & school. The society revolves around it wherever I go. I do some experiments to challenge this mindset by provoking this thoughts from others & I end up alone. We are encapsulated by fear of being rejected ,by being alone,by being the outcast. WE need to pass by this roadblocks to be who we are . Conquer the fear at all cost & make the light along by crossing the tunnel.

Deliberate some arguments in your head when you are alone so when you are confronted by a situation it is not a surprise. Peeling the mask is not an easy thing to do but it is worthy the try. Freedom is when we free ourselves from our fear.

I hope I came across in clarity ,if not feel free to criticize my thinking ,I am not offended . I do appreciate the honesty instead./COLOR]

8. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

How? Start by writing on the soil or anywhere you can imagine on the wall even on the roof ( no don't climb over,lie down & push you legs up towards the roof). Accessing the right brain hemisphere will turn around how you think. Exersize qith both hands or combinations of foot & hand forming a letter X . The flow of thoughts will changed dramatically .Right brain hemisphere has the functions of the language & imagination. It did works for me . I found out that I am a real leftee like my Dad. Just got messed up in school. Religion deliberately destroy our innerself . I found this clue by researching my roots. Leftee in any religion is a sin or sin-ester. almost a sinner. Human rights & so on & so forth.......

Tennis is a sport of coordination of the letter X. The birds fly in an X position. I actually have a picture when I was a little kid that during ash Wednesday my cross is letter X not t. And I try it now still letter X. We san actually fly. Let us not go there. You might start counting the leaves of the tree & it scares the hell out of me.

Tell us what happen....

9. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Did anyone here watch the Secret on Oprah?
    I was told about that by one of my friends. I noticed that why they have to call it a secret ? It is to deviate or a marketing strategy. When they can just sum up by start by saying use your left toe & it will rise to your brain. Or access the function through your other brain. See even the brain has a left & right. What is right or left really. Why is right is synonym of right as a basis of lateralism? Why is right is correct ? Is that mean that left is incorrect? Are they delusional or pretending? What is the motive behind this?

Many knows the end result not knowing where to start or the process it self I find it futile.

Don't be surprise when you start throwing away half of what is in your place. I will not be surprise if you start questioning if the earth is really round ?If obesity is a manifestation of that notion. How many miles/hour the waves runs. It is a 360 maybe more turn around. A lot of need will vanish. When it is hard to find a comedy show. Why physicists have no desire to get rich or known. Experiment with the keyboard upside down.

These are just a few that I can think of at this moment. I almost say right now. I hate that word right.

This is the secret. busted.

10. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

I have to do the pretend happy face a lot with my customers (I run a lawn care business). Obviously they're not wanting to hear "I thought about killing myself all morning." When they ask "Hey, [name], how's it goin'?" So I keep my Mr-Friendly face on and go "Doin' good!" or some such thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.