Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Confusticated, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is already on here or not, if it is, then apologies. I've been reading up on lots of sites about how to try and stop for those who need it, and I found a couple of things, but this one seems to have helped a few people.
    It's called the 15 minute rule. You set everything up, just like you always do, right up to the point you harm, and this isn't just cutting, it's all types of self harm, and as you get to that last moment, you stop. You stop and you wait for as long as you can. Then if you can resist, you put everything away again, and sit there for 10 more minutes. If then, everything is still away, try to go on as you would with the rest of the day. Try this everytime, and hopefully it will help. If you give in and still harm, it doesn't mean it isn't going to help, always try. You have nothing to lose, and I hope this helps. If anyone wants to talk, I'm here and on msn. I've stopped now so maybe I can be of help, even if just to listen. Well the offers there.
    Peace out.
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

im not sure if this would work 4 me .. once iv decided its what im gonna do not alot will stop me.. but im going 2 give it a try.. thanks 4 posting this..
  3. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

thx for the post :hugtackles:
    i lkike the sound of it and i'm gonna try it, i really wanna stop over summer time
  4. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

i'll deffinitly give it a try wayne :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.