Prison of the mind

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lost26, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost26

Lost26 New Member

I want to get a shotgun an blow this prison clear out of my mind.Paranioa is torture of the mind. Social anxiety is something created by an evil force and never having a girlfriend in your life is like god handing you a shit sandwich or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: lost,

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

Are you receiving any professional help for your anxiety/paranoia?

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and so sorry you are feeling so low...welcome and hopefully you will find ppl here who understand and relate...big hugs and welcome again, J

4. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Hi and welcome keep talking it can help.

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hi Lost.

Social anxiety sucks the big one. And being lonely is the worse.... But for as lonely as you feel, please remember that you aren't alone. There's so many people in the world that feel just as you do. The trick is finding those people. Luckily you've got tons of people here :laugh:.

Please don't hurt yourself. Stay safe, and lurk around the forum - it's much healthier than other forms of addiction, like say....texting without an unlimited plan.

Please PM somebody if you ever feel in danger of hurting yourself. It's ok to feel that way, by the by. You just don't want to do it.

James

welcome to the forum.

6. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

I can no doubt relate. I don't have as bad social anxiety anymore but it still bothers me at times. Basically, I developed all of those types of problems as a result of using drugs as a teenager. I didn't realize for 13 years that my whole life was screwed because of that lifestyle I chose. It's almost impossible to realize it right away. I'm not saying that is the root of YOUR problems, I am relaying my own experience.

It also took about 9-10 years of agonizing before I found a good psychiatrist who actually started to help me. I had seen numerous crackpots prior. Well, this time, I was having mad crazy panic attacks and I just looked someone up closeby in the phonebook, went and paid myself as I had just left my job and didn't have insurance.

Well, finally, I got some anxiety med. and also, after 10 whole years of suspecting that I had ADHD and people telling me I didn't, my doc verified that I have the most extreme case she has seen in her career. Needless to say, I have an Rx to help that and it is a WORLD of difference. I can't imagine where I'd be right now had I not gone and sought out this help. I'd still be spinning my wheels.

Anyhow........ Yeah, people here are cool. You'll like it I think. It's definitely somewhere where no one will ever judge you.

7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I agree.

8. thing

thing Member

I have given up on the idea that life is fair or that I will ever get what I think that I deserve. The longer I am alive the more I see of the unfairness and ugliness of the world. I see people who are pure evil living wonderful lives with loving partners and big bank accounts while the good ones are struggling along. I have tried to be spiritual and think good thoughts in a vain effort to draw goodness towards me and it has backfired every time. There are only two things that are stopping me from trying to end it all: 1) I am afraid that because life is unfair that I will end up worse off or maimed 2) If I succeed it will ruin my husband because I have a widowed friend whose husband killed himself and she has been in a downward spiral ever since.

So, I simply wallow in depression waiting for the next disappointment to occur in my life. I see no point in being positive or making an effort as I have tried several times to succeed and failed regardless of the above. I have so many failures that I have just given up on caring about what happens because I have no control over that and if I try I just set myself up for disappointment.

At least you can overcome social anxiety and find a girl. I am nearly 50 and have nothing to show for all my years except for 3 failed businesses and emotional scars from an abusive childhood. I don't even have a good grasp on reality and my husband is getting sick of my bad attitude so my marriage is probably headed down the toilet too. The worst part is that I don't even care anymore because my life has been so worthless.

9. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

i used to feel really uncomfortable in a crowd. It makes me overly conscious and apprehensive. I became overly careful with whatever i said in fear of disapproval by others. As I aged, I realise that it was all so silly of me. I could have simply spoken out and made more friends rather than keeping to myself. The inferiority complex which I used to have , really stopped me from getting ahead. But fortunately, I decided to open up. It took a while and sometime but gradually, I turned from an introvert to and extrovert. I realised that I do not have to please anybody and if I go around trying to please everyone, I would feel really unhappy. just be yourself. Take the 1st step and eventually, your social anxiety will go away and you will find the real you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.