prison?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by necrodude, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

weird one this was. had been drinking and smoking, but the message was kinda clear.

i was at a concert with this girl i liked (in the dream, dont know who she really is), and there was this guy being... verbally explicit about her so i battered him.

next thing im in the cop station being questioned. i told them what i did and why, and that i deserved (read "wanted") to be locked up. one officer agreed, the other didnt. so i end up in a cell, 6' by 6'. i noticed an open window i could escape from, but i didnt bother. then i wake up, and whos buzzing my flat but my doctor, who then trys shrinking me, and is gonna refer me to another one. coincidence? i think not

2. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

well, if I had dreamed this, my interpretation would be that you did something back in the day (whatever it is in your case, no idea) and you also think you had no choice but doing this. Even when this thing is obviously not entirely bad, you think you must be punished for doing it.

Part of you doesn't agree with this view, the other is too much into selfhating and feels all guilty, and that's the one winning inside your head right now. So you are "imprisoned" in that view of yourself, and this is restraining you in your real life outside the dream, but you are still given a chance to "escape", you just don't want to try it because you think you are exactly where you must be: Fucked

Now, your brain might work in different ways to mine and what I wrote up there be completely wrong in the dream-symbols aspect for your case, the doctor calling you might not be a coincidence, but hey, at leats I gave you my point of view and hope it can help ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.